CHAPTER 63

The next day the bids chirped louder and they were communicating back and forth, it was like nature was aware that the world was going changing or that the dangers are coming. The wind, the trees, the birds and all the animals were louder that day. It was too windy that Lan Zhan was woken up like he just had a nightmare. Well..he did have a nightmare,one that he always had and that was loosing the love of his life, whether it was from people trying to kill him for something they accuse him of having done something bad or the evil taking over him.

That nightmare bordered him so much over the last couple of months and the fact that he would in the nightmare where Wei Ying was consumed by the darkness and become the Ultimate Evil' what bothered him the most is that he would see women surrounding him, doing unspeakable things to him and him enjoying it. It was like they were driving their King, he would see that the women were ghosts and that's what he disliked about the dream. He thought that Wei Ying might have this yearning of women other than being stuck to him all his life. The thought that Wei Ying might fancy women broke him and even though it was just a dream, it didn't mean it was not going to happen.

Lan Zhan barely had dreams, if he had them then it meant they were warnings or promises of a better day. That happened especially when him and Wei Ying had had a fight, he would have good dreams as some sort of assurance that they were going to be ok together.  But the nightmares of Wei Ying being in danger happened almost every other day. It really bothered him, they were close to finding the truth and he had still not talked to Wei Ying about it, he was scared that if he spoke it out...it would become true at that instant. Let's not forget that Lan Zhan was an immortal being and even so, he still was in a mortal's body which meant that temptations and fear were normal. But his temptations were only about wrecking Wei Ying and doing things that they both have not done before, those things...were harmful especially to his beloved. So he fought with himself everyday not to do those things.

Fear...well his fear was normal, loosing the one he loved the most. But unknown to him that that fear he had of loosing Wei Ying, was slowly making him weaker everytime he thought about loosing Wei Ying. Whether it was a warning from the Gods or something he foresaw was not clear to him, he had to work on it together with Wei Ying. That was the ultimate challenge Lan Zhan had to face since he didn't want Wei Ying to feel less protected. He wanted to be Wei Ying's pillar but somehow forgot that his life was Wei Ying, without him...he was actually less than a mortal. The time was a little after three am when Lan Zhan woke up.

He shot of the bed sitting up straight while panting like he was possessed by something. He had just had another nightmare and that time it was more frightening than he had ever imagined. He quickly looked at Wei Ying sleeping besides him, checking if Wei Ying was really there. He breathed a sign of relief upon realising that it was just a night are like any other. Even so...Lan Zhan did feel something off from the nightmare that time. He was there in the nightmare, not just watching in horror as Wei Ying change or being attacked, he saw the shadow behind Wei Ying... whispering to Wei Ying to kill him. Wei Ying had no control over himself and he approached Lan Zhan and his finger nails became clawed and stabbed through Lan Zhan's chest and ripped out his heart.

The laughter followed soon after that from the shadow that was controlling Wei Ying while Wei Ying watched Lan Zhan as he feel to his knees, his eyes never leaving Wei Ying, while tears just streamed down from Wei Ying's eyes like as he just realised what he had just done to his soulmate until Lan Zhan hit the ground. They continued to look at each other while in tears when Wei Ying finally fell to his knees and ripped his own heart out with no expressions on his face but just his tears falling endlessly. In the dream, Wei Ying took his heart and out in on Lan Zhan's hands and Lan Zhan held on it to his chest while he held Lan Zhan's to his chest until all he saw was the darkness.