CHAPTER 23

Aren't you older than me? You do what is right. Don't think I don't know about your spiritual age, come on... go have a talk."

Lan Zhan didn't answer, he just lowered his head until his brother had finished scolding him. He went back to his Jingshi after bidding his brother a good day. He opened the door to his house and he saw that Wei Ying was not in the dining hall and went to check if he was still sleeping. He found that he was still sleeping and went out to get their food only for Wei Ying to open his eyes and sat up on the bed. He was pretending to be still sleeping because he e didn't want to face Lan Zhan, he didn't want to speak with him after what he had done the previous night.

He knew he it wasn't his fault because Lan Xichen had already explained it to him that he was drugged. He sort of blamed him for having Godly power but not being able to detect the poison that was injected to his food, or to even flush it out once he realised he was drugged. But then he remembered that him and Lan Zhan were had mortal bodies, even though they were strong but their mortal bodies would always react on their own capabilities. He concluded that he might have realised it too late and by the time he wanted to flush it out it had already done what it was supposed to do.

He woke up and made up the bed, cleaning the bedroom and went to have a bath. He found warm water in the bath tub and he smiled thinking about how Lan Zhan cared for him. But then something at the back if his mind reminded him of the happenings that took place the previous night. He became sad again and felt upset, he finished taking a bath and washed all the dirty clothes before heading to the madetation room and started his meditation. He felt good almost instantly after passing the first level of meditation and by the time he was done, he felt like he was a new person.

Lan Zhan and back and found Wei Ying in the dining room drinking his four jars of wine he had bought the previous night but did'nt get to sip on it because if what he found upon returning. He approached the dining room with carefully steps and he could see that Wei Ying was sad and looked like his mind was too far from him. He thought that because he had entered the house and went over to the dining area and Wei Ying didn't look nice or look at him. He placed the food tray on the table and went to close the door, he not only closed it but locked it in fear that Wei Ying might choose to walk away from him.

He came back and sat down dishing the food in the bowls and poured himself some tea. He only sais three words.

"Wei Ying...let's eat"

And liked if he would get a reaction from Wei Ying by setting the wine asside and eat. He started eating his food in silence after he saw that Wei Ying was eating his food. He didn't say anything nor look at Lan Zhan who was looking at him constantly hoping to get a reaction or even eyes contact from Wei Ying. He gave up after he saw that Wei Ying's attention went to only eating his food in silence and not bothered by his presence. His chest burned s little and he realised that Wei Ying's heart was crying, his face was sad because his heart was in agony, and he felt guilty knowing it was because of him.

They finished their food and Lan Zhan packed the dirty bowls and put the remaining food away safely for them to eat later for lunch. He didn't want to waste time going back and forth to return the tray and come back, only to go back again at lunch and in the evening to get food. He didn't even trust anyone after what had happened so he went to the kitchen to take the already prepared food, but he knew he was to cook his own food if he didn't want the same mistake happening or even worse. He went back to Wei Ying and sat down while he was by now sipping on his wine slowly and enjoying it.

He would show a faint smile after every sip accompanied by a sound if satisfaction, making Lan Zhan Gulf hard everytime he did that. The two of them were sitting opposite each other, face to face but didn't speak for a few minutes until Lan Zhan realised he had to be brave and face what he had done.

"Wei Ying...can we please talk about what happened last night?"

Wei Ying was about to stand up, nit wanting to hear and being reminded of the pain he was drowning away with his wine, but Lan Zhan was quick to grab his hand even before he could stand up. Wei Ying sat down and shot his eyes at Lan Zhan. His face was contorted and making his eyes to squint in agitation, but Lan Zhan didn't let go of his hand or look at him in any other way than with love. He felt his mark burn even more painfully making him to realise that he had broken Wei Ying's heart and he should do what was right.

He lowered his head trying to not show his pain to Wei Ying. He was immune to pain, but when it came to the matters of the heart and his soulmate, he would feel the pain he had never felt in his entire life. That was that reason why Lan Xichen felt like he didn't know the Lan Zhan he was looking at when they found his panicking as to where Wei Ying was. Lan Xichen had never seen him show his pain, so it was difficult for him to understand that he was really in pain. He had seen him the time he was pulled out if the  cold pond, not matter how brutal his injuries were, he never showed that he was in pain.

"Wei Ying...I'm sorry...I'm sorry for doing what I did last night, and for all the wrongs I have done to you. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you, I could never hurt you, I would never do anything that makes you sad or break your heart."

Wei Ying didn't answer and the silence was killing Lan Zhan slowly, he wanted Wei Ying to atleast scold him or do whatever he wanted to him, but never stay mad at him to the extent of him giving him a silent treatment. But Wei Ying still didn't answer even after he stroked his palm in circles to calm him down, but that didn't help either. Wei Ying looked at his jar and held it with his right hand while Lan Zhan wouldn't let go of his hand. He missed his touches and he knew if he wasted anymore time then he would not touch him for a long time.