Chapter 65

"What were you and Kev talking about?" Markus asked again, looking at Mitchell.

"Nothing much. Kev was just asking me about Raven."

"Are you sure that's all?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

  Markus glanced at Kev then back at him, "I'm going to go and see if she's awake."

  Mitchell froze when he saw Markus's eyes flashed red for a second before returning to its natural dark hazel color.

  Markus left the room, and Mitchell glanced at Kev. "Did you saw that?"

"Yeah, I saw it."

"What do you think is happening to him?"

"I think his parents would know."

  When Markus came back downstairs, Raven was in his arms. She raised her head, as she burrowed further into Markus's arms, her yellow eyes watching them.

"I guess she was feeling neglected. I should probably feed her." Mitchell went to take her but she hissed at him, refusing to leave Markus.

"I'll do it."

  Mitchell watched him walked towards the kitchen and waited for the door to close before turning to Kev.

"Okay, let's start with his party. Whoever was tailing us is probably gonna show up there."

"But we don't know who that person is. How are we gonna find them?"

"We need to talk to the others."

"I'll contact them tomorrow."

  Fifteen minutes later when Markus hadn't returned to the living-room, Mitchell went to look for him. Markus was sitting around the table, his back to the door. He didn't turn around to see who had entered but Mitchell had a feeling he knew.

"Markus, what are you still doing in here?"

"What were you and Kev talking about earlier? Did it had anything to do with me?"

  Mitchell paused for a second, before walking around to face Markus. He looked down and saw Raven asleep on the floor next to his chair.

"I was telling you the truth earlier."

"Hmm...promise me that you won't keep any secrets from me, Mitchell. I won't like it."

"I promise."

"Good." Markus grabbed his hand, pulling him onto his lap and Mitchell leaned back against his chest.

"Markus..."

"Hmm..." Markus kissed the back of his neck, wrapping his arms around him.

"If there is anything happening to you, promise me that you won't keep it to yourself."

  Markus nipped at his neck, sucking at the skin, and Mitchell knew he was leaving marks on his skin. He could hear Markus's breathing getting heavier the more he sucked on his neck but he didn't stop him.

"I can smell your blood." Markus whispered against the nape of his neck, licking Mitchell's skin where his pulse was beating.

"What do you mean?" Mitchell asked, turning slightly to glance over his shoulder at Markus.

"Your blood has a unique scent that's becoming addicting to me."

  Mitchell shivered as Markus used his tongue to trace a line from his nape to the top of his shoulders. Markus tightened his arms around him until Mitchell couldn't move at all.

  Markus is changing into his true self__

  Mitchell's body tensed up when heard the voice. He looked around, but no one else was in the room.

   You need to come find me__

  He took another look around, but there was no one else in the room.

"Markus, let's go into the living-room. Kev and Susan are waiting for us."

  Markus loosened his grip, just as Raven opened her eyes. He picked her up and they left the kitchen. Kev was on his phone talking but he didn't see Susan. Not wanting to interrupt, they sat down and waited for him to finish his call.

  Kev hadn't noticed them entering but Mitchell couldn't make out his conversation. But he knew Kev was talking to Tia and the others. He hoped Markus wouldn't figure out their plan.

  Kev hung up, coming to a stop when he saw them. "I didn't hear you come in."

"Who were you talking to?" Markus asked the question but he was being way too  nonchalant, staring at Kev.

"A friend."

"Hmm...a friend. Do I know this friend, Kev?" Markus leaned back against the couch and folded his arms. His voice sounded off, like he wasn't the one talking.

  Mitchell saw his eyes flashed gold to red then back to their natural color. Markus's shoulders moved up and down as he took deep breaths, calming himself. He got up and strode towards Kev, standing there silently. 

  Mitchell had never noticed until now, but it seemed like Markus had grew a couple of inches taller.

  Mitchell, you need to calm him down before the situation escalates__

  There was the voice was in his head again, but he listened. He went to Markus and held his hand, fitting their palms together. "Markus, You need to calm down."

  Markus stared down at him with a small smile. He lightly squeezed his hand before looking at Kev.

"I'm sorry about that."

"It's my fault. I know that you hate secrets."

"Where is Susan?"

"She went upstairs to grab some papers." Kev said pocketing his phone before taking a seat.

  A frown creased Mitchell's forehead as he thought about the voice in his head. How was it possible for him to be hearing an unknown voice in his head when no one else could? Was he going crazy?

  You're not going crazy__