Chapter 14

Markus waited for Mitchell to leave the tent before calling Kev.

"Markus, where are you?"

"I need your help, right now."

"Don't move. I'll be right there."

  Markus shook his head when he heard the dial tone, but sat down and leaned his head on the table.

  A moment later, he heard footsteps coming his way, but he didn't lift up his head, since he knew it was Kev.

"What's going on with you?" Kev asked, voice full of concern.

"I don't think so." Markus scraped his chair from the table. It felt as though someone had thrown him into a sauna and turned the temperature way too high. 

"Are you sure you should be standing?"

  Markus let out a breath, trying his best not to think about his situation. He didn't want to worry anyone. He didn't want any unnecessary questions.

  He made a face, "Yeah, It's fine."

  Kev looked around him. "Where's Mitchell?" he asked as he walked closer to stand in front of him.

"He went to get me something to drink."

 "Is it the same thing as before?"

  Markus had told Kev about what had occurred when he first saw Mitchell at the supermarket, then at school. The unexpected heat he had felt seeing him. It took two days before he felt like himself.

  He also told him about when he tried to kiss him earlier in the classroom. 

"I don't know," he murmured, looking at him. "It gets more fervid around him."

  Kev stared at him with a serious expression. "We can talk about this later."

  He looked away then, as though acutely self-conscious of the emotions trembling through his body.

"I don't know what is happening to me." Markus looked back at the pool area watching the party goers enjoying themselves. "Don't say anything in front of Mitchell. I don't want to make him uneasy and start avoiding me."

"Don't worry, I won't say anything."

 "Hey, what's going on here? I've been looking for you." Tim, the owner of the party was walking towards them.

  Markus plastered a smile on his face, even though he felt anything but happy at the moment. 

"Wouldn't miss it."

"Are you here alone?"

  Markus looked at Tim with a bemuse smile on his face. "No, I came with my friends and a..." He was cut off before he finished talking.

"That's fine. Would you like a drink?"

"He already has a drink."

  They all turned to find Michell and Susan, standing with drinks in their hands. Mitchell who was staring at Tim with a frown on his face walked up to Markus. 

"What took you so long?"

"Susan wouldn't stop talking."

  Susan laughed at him, shrugging her shoulders. She went to Kev and gave him a beer.

"Here." He handed the  bottled water to Markus with a small smile.

  Markus took the water with a smile. "Thanks."

  Mitchell looked up at him with a mischievous smile, putting his arm around his waist, using this opportunity to kiss him on his cheek.

  "Mitchell, this is Tim. Tim, I'd like you to meet Mitchell."

  Tim cleared his throat, looking at their linked arms before holding out his hand to Mitchell. 

"Nice to meet you."

   Mitchell shook his hand quickly. He didn't like the way Tim was staring at Markus. It made him wary. He didn't want him to think Markus was available. 

"Nice to meet you too."

  Tim glanced over his shoulder when he heard someone called his name.

"Have fun guys. I'll see you later."

  Mitchell watched him walk away but there was something about him that told him to be cautious. 

"He's still a strange person." Kev said looking at Markus. 

"Forget about him and let's dance." Susan pulled Kev from the tent towards the pool.

  Mitchell suddenly turned to Markus with a smile. "Do you want to dance?"

  His eyebrows quirked. "I thought you said you weren't much of a dancer."

  Mitchell laughed, pulling him towards the pool. "Well, tonight I am."

  Markus didn't recognized the person dancing in front of him. He turned to look at him, his eyes alive with frantic energy. 

"Come on, Markus. Don't be a wallflower."

  He shook his head, smiling at his energy. "I like this side of you."

  Mitchell danced his way back towards him, holding out his hand, eyes warm with invitation. He couldn't have resisted even if he wanted to. 

  He pulled him into the circle of his arms, sliding his hand down his back until it settled on his waist. He pressed him close, releasing a long sigh of pleasure as he melted against him, his arms sliding around his neck.

"There, that's not so bad is it?"

  Mitchell's lips brushed the side of his neck, soft and moist, eliciting a groan from somewhere deep in his chest. His hand slid lower down Mitchell's back to pull his hips flush with his, pressing his growing hardness against his pelvis.

  A guttural sound escaped his lips in a rush of hot breath. He lost the slow beat of the song, rocking his hips against Mitchell's in a primal rhythm that his body recognized only for him.

  Curling his fingers in Mitchell's hair, he tugged his head back and claimed his mouth in a hungry kiss. Mitchell tasted of the cosmopolitan cocktail he had made for him earlier. His tongue danced against his, demanding more but he forced himself to stop.

  Markus could feel the heat taking over his body again. He quickly pulled away from Mitchell, resting his forehead against his.

"I'm really glad you came with me."

The Song: Need You

Artist: Joy