Chapter 101

The after party was being held at Rush Night Club. Mitchell held onto Markus's arm as they entered the darkened building. Neon lights were used to highlight the atmosphere of the room, illuminating the club goers.

Loud music blasted from the speakers, almost deafening.

"Would you like anything to drink?"

Mitchell turned his head toward Markus. "I've never been to a club like this before."

"My friends and I have been here once or twice."

There was enough lights in the club for Mitchell to noticed the looks aimed at Markus. Marked or not, Markus still attracts attention, so he would have to try to curb his jealousy.

"Mavka, can you order us some drinks?" Markus asked.

"Sure. What would you like to drink?"

After giving her their drinks order, she left the table, dragging a reluctant Raven with her. Markus led them to a table that could accommodate the group.

"This table was reserved for us. The owner likes Markus a lot."

"Don't listen to Kev."

Mitchell saw his mate glared at Kev, but Kev only grinned unfazed. He leaned back to look at the bar but it was packed.

He hoped Mavka and Raven had no trouble getting their drinks.

Mitchell nod his head along to the techno music playing. It wasn't a beat he listened to on a regular basis.

"What do you think?" Markus asked.

"I like it."

Markus pulled him close to him and give him a kiss on his lips.

Mavka and Raven returned, carrying a tray of drinks. More than they had ordered.

"Markus, the owner of the bar gave us free drinks. We got extra drinks."

Raven grinned at them. Her cat-like features glowing in the light.

She stood next to Markus, holding a bag in her hand.

"Here, this is for you."

"You already gave me a present."

"It's not from me. The owner sent it over." She gave Markus the bag then took her seat.

Markus looked at him but Mitchell was curious anout the gift he had received. Markus glanced inside the bag and his face broke into a smile.

"Markus, what is it? What did he gave you?"

Markus nudged his shoulder, then held the bag so he could look into the bag. Mitchell's eyes widened at what he saw inside and his gaze flew up to meet Markus's amused gaze.

"It's nothing important." Mitchell said, before grabbing his drink and taking a small gulp of the liquid. It burned slightly but he didn't care at the moment.

Markus laughed as he put the bag under his seat.

"Everyone..."

Mitchell turned his head to the stage area, where he spotted Dean, Tim and another guy he didn't recognized standing on the stage. The music died down as the guy took the microphone from the DJ.

"I would like to thank everyone for coming to celebrate with us at the after party. Markus, could you please come up here?"

Markus tried to hide his face when the spotlight shone on him but the crowd only cheered louder.

Mitchell gave him a kiss on the cheek as encouragement. Markus slipped one arm around his neck and returned the kiss.

He got up from his seat and sauntered towards the stage, almost in a hypnotic way.

Whistles and applause followed Markus's every step, grating on Mitchell's nerve. His fingers twitched as he felt that familiar tingle running up his arm. Mitchell leaned back in his seat, as he observed the stage.

"Thanks everyone for being here to celebrate my birthday."

Markus smiled at the crowd and Mitchell could feel the effect it had on them. He took a deep breath, getting a whiff of Markus's scent. The scent seemed to encompass the place.

"Can you smell that?"

He glanced over at his friends. They were all staring at the stage, as though it was a compulsion.

"Chris," Mitchell reached over to shake his shoulder. "You good?"

"Yeah, I'm good."

Susan exchanged a look with him, then turned to the triplets, tapping each of them on the shoulder.

Kev did the same to the others.

"Guys, we should drink."

Mitchell watched as each of them seemed to awake from whatever trance has fallen over them. They each grabbed a glass from the table and gulped down the liquid.

"What just happened?" Tia asked.

"Guys, look at Markus." The awe in Rayne's voice had them turning to look at the stage.

Markus was glowing, as though he was surrounded by a full halo of light.

"Are you guys seeing this?" Tom asked.

Mitchell stood up and marched towards the stage. He walked up behind Markus and wrapped both arms tightly around his waist, and planted a soft kiss on both sides of his neck.

Markus's skin felt extra warm against his lips but Mitchell didn't let that hinder him. Markus twisted his head to look at him. His eyes were that golden color.

"I don't know what's going on with me." Markus told him.

Mitchell smiled at him before gazing out at the club goers. The club wasn't brightly lit but he could make out a few of the faces of the crowd, and they seemed to be transfixed.

He turned to Dean, "I need you to do something right now."

Dean looked at him, then at his friend. "Jesse, tell the DJ to play the music."

Jesse turned to the booth and signaled to the DJ. The music resumed and the noise jarred the crowd from the trance.

He took a hold of Markus's hand, gasping at the heat emitting from his skin. When they were off the stage, Mitchell steered them toward the table.

Dean and Tim had also followed them to the table. Mitchell spotted Charlie, along with Cassie and Lucas walking to their table.

What the hell was happening?