MATT DREAM: Grace

Hi Readers: What did you guys think of today's first chapter? And what did you think of Matt's fears? Let me know what you guys think in the comments. But first, how about you enjoy this dream chapter that I'm going to write for you guys. Thanks again for reading.
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Tuesday, March 24th, 2020 – Casey Home, Malibu
Today was the day. His first birthday as a father, a day that he's been waiting to celebrate for years; and a day which he thought was never going to happen, but now he is celebrating just that. His first birthday as a father, to three beautiful children: Matteo Andrew, Noah Matthew, and Grace Marie Casey; his newborn baby girl. And when he says newborn, he truly means it. In fact, his baby girl was only four hours old; and that was due to the fact that it was only two in the morning right now, but Matt couldn't sleep. He was far too happy to sleep right now, because he has his baby girl in his arms; the baby that Gabby gave birth to (with Natalie's help) in their bath yesterday. And let's just say that most definitely was a nice experience. The sight of his wife giving birth naturally, it was just something special; and it was the best birthday gift that a father could ever have, and it was all he needed. His little Grace, and her giving birth naturally. And that was why Gabby was currently fast asleep next to him as he relaxed in bed because she was tired.

No, not just tired; she was exhausted after having given birth to their baby girl, naturally, in their bath. But that didn't mean that they were on their own, and that was due to the fact that Natalie came here to help her; she was here to help Gabby give birth, and he was so grateful for that. And the truth was, he would be turned on if he wasn't married to Gabby; I mean, she helped Gabby give birth while thirty-one weeks pregnant with her and Will's first child. And that was why he was going to thank her right now, as she came back into the room still wearing her scrubs. "Let me guess, Will just finished checking you out in the guest room?" Natalie laughed a bit as she heard Matt say that, as that most definitely was what her husband just did for her. But what else would he do? Especially when she just helped her friend's wife do a home birth, while being thirty-one weeks pregnant. "Ultrasound was clear, and all was good." Matt agreed with Natalie as she said that, before smiling as he turned his head and looked down at his baby girl Grace.

The baby girl that he was currently having some skin-to-skin time with, as they cuddled up to each other in bed; something that he may not have been able to do, had they given birth at the hospital. And there was a reason for that, something called COVID. With COVID being around, they weren't allowing fathers to be in the room all the time; and that was why they gave birth here, why they made sure that they were going to give birth to their beautiful Grace at home, in the best way possible. But never in a million years did he think that he'd be spending his first morning as a father, with Grace in his arms. Speaking of that, Natalie just remembered what day it was. "By the way, happy birthday Matt." Matt smiled as he heard Natalie tell him that, glad that it was his birthday; especially since this was his birthday gift. The only birthday gift that he was going to have from his wife for a while right now. "You have no idea how much I really appreciate this Natalie." Natalie agreed with Matt as he said that, before hearing Will came in.

"Oh, I am sure that you appreciated the fact that Natalie helped you give birth at home." Turning his head, Matt smiled as he looked at the other doctor Halstead who just walked into his room. "Thank you so much for allowing Natalie to do this Will, I know that you were scared when it came to doing this; especially when Natalie is thirty-one weeks along with Owen right?" Will agreed with Matt when he mentioned the name of his and Natalie's first child, Owen William Halstead. "Yes, Owen William Halstead." Matt smiled as he heard Will say that, glad that was the case. "I can't promise we're going to return the favor, because I'm not sure if Gabby is going to be able to help Natalie give birth in the pandemic." Will agreed with Matt when he said that, well aware that was the case; in fact, it was why the doctor was currently wearing a mask as he walked around his room. "It's why I have a mask on. I promise that we're going to keep you guys safe the entire time." Matt agreed with Will when he said that, well aware that was the case; not having any doubt.