Chapter 1

Today was the day I was going to ask to join the Hellfire Club; I'm not particularly into D&D, which stands for Dungeons and Dragons, the only real reason I want to join is to be closer to the head of the club... Eddie Munson. I've known Eddie since middle school, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't remember me very well; he wasn't the kind of guy to notice a girl like me. Still, it seems like he would notice a girl like Chrissy Cunningham, the head Cheerleader of the Hawkins High Cheer Squad, and she's the girlfriend of Jason Carver, who happens to be the basketball captain.

Everyone assembled in the gym to see the basketball team and watch the cheerleaders do their routine. I'll admit I'm jealous of Chrissy, and I hate myself for it. Jason came out with his team, and they made a speech and whatnot; I wasn't really paying much attention to the speech, but then he told Chrissy how he loved her, and I couldn't help but few nauseous. Chrissy and Jason were two of the most popular kids here at Hawkins High, and the two of them made a very popular couple. I looked around the gym and didn't see Eddie, but I did see Dustin Henderson and Mike Wheeler; I know they're a part of the Hellfire Club, but I would have to talk to those two.

Once everyone left the gym, I had chemistry class, and I walked by some other guys in Hellfire. I knew they were friends with Eddie, they were talking about the campaign they were about to finish, and honestly, I had no idea what the hell they were talking about, but the conversation was a bit intriguing.

"Dude, this is going to be freaking awesome." I'm pretty sure that kid's name is Gareth; he was not as tall as Jeff. I knew Jeff because he had Geometry together. Gareth had brown curly hair, and he was wearing his Hellfire Club shirt with a plaid jacket over it. "I know it's going to be crazy; I just hope that Eddie isn't too upset about Lucas not being able to join." Jeff and Gareth were looking at each other, and there was a bit of worry in their eyes. Lucas Sinclair was in Hellfire, but he's also on the basketball team, and there was supposed to be a big game tonight, and the Hellfire campaign was tonight.

This would be a perfect opportunity to ask to join the club. Instead of going over to Jeff and Gareth, though, I went straight into class; maybe I'll wait till after lunch to ask. My thoughts weren't in chemistry, though. They were on Eddie Munson. He was a little older than I was, probably 19 or 20. I'm not sure, but he was a grade or two above me, but every time I saw him, he looked so badass. His hair has gotten longer over the years, but I remember when his hair was buzzed, and he was at the talent show Hawkins Middle held for us. Chrissy, of course, was doing a cheer routine, and I remember looking over at Eddie; he was watching her every move, and it looked like he was enjoying it.

I shook the memory from my head when I noticed the bell began to ring, and it was time to go to my next class. I saw Dustin and Mike walking by going to class, they were only in the ninth grade, but I'd become acquainted with them when they first started, and I'd like to think I'd become one of their friends. "Hey." I walked over to them, and they looked at me, "Oh shit, hey (y/n), what's up?" Dustin asked; he was wearing his Hellfire club shirt and had a baseball cap that said "Thinking Cap," which I thought was very clever.

"Um, I was wondering if maybe you could get me into hellfire club." They looked at me like I had five heads. "Hey, no offense (y/n), but do you know what D&D is?" Mike asked. No, I don't know what it is, but I lie. "Of course, I know what it is." They knew I was lying, though; they looked at me and then at each other, and they both cracked a smile.

"What?" I asked defensively. "It's nothing; it's just we can't just add you into Hellfire. We have to talk to Eddie first." Just the mention of his name, I felt my cheeks get warm. The two looked at each other again, "Why all of a sudden do you want to join?" Mike furrowed his brow and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Because..." was all I said. It was pretty obvious they knew that I liked Eddie, but they didn't mention it, thankfully.

"Don't worry; we'll talk with Eddie. We have to let him know Lucas won't be joining us tonight because of the stupid basketball game." Dustin rolled his eyes and shook his head. "He won't be happy," Dustin continued, and then he put his hand on my shoulder, "but we'll try to convince him." He smiled at me, and I smiled back. "Thanks, you guys." We went our separate ways and went into class.