Chapter 38

I woke up, I got up to stretch out. It was dark in the room, but it didn't look familiar to me. Where the hell am I? I remember coming back to Eddie's house and watching TV with him, I must've fallen asleep. That means I'm in Eddie's room, but where the hell is Eddie? He wasn't in the room, and I don't think he came in to lie down with me. Oh shit, what time is it? I looked over at the alarm clock on the table next to Eddie's bed. 10:00.

Shit, shit, shit. I climbed out of his bed and walked out to find Eddie. I didn't have to look far because he was on the couch, fast asleep. He looked so beautiful, he looked peaceful. I didn't want to wake him, but I think he heard me or sensed my presence because his eyes fluttered open and he sat up from the couch and looked over at me.

"Oh, hi." His voice sounded so sexy.

"Hi."

"Did you sleep well?"

"I did."

"Me too." He laughed.

I walked over to him and sat down. "Thank you for letting me use your bed."

"No problem."

"But why didn't you come lay down with me?"

"I told your mom I wouldn't."

"You talked to my mom?" When did he do that?

"Yeah. After you fell asleep I called her to let her know it would be late when I dropped you off but she told me you could stay the night and drop you off home in the morning."

"We have school in the morning." I reminded him.

"I know, but I told your mom I'd take you home."

"Okay, you drop me off and then come back and take me to school."

"I can do that." He said as he put his arm around me.

"When you drop me off you can come back and change and get ready."

"Yeah." He said yawning.

"Are you still tired?"

"No." I looked at him and his eyes were closed.

I didn't bother to wake him. He's been looking so tired, there were shadows under his eyes. It's my fault that he is tired. It was my fault that I didn't believe him. He wasn't lying to me, he was telling me the truth. He did kind of lie, but it was because he was embarrassed that he couldn't dance. It's not like he had any females around him. His mom left when he was younger and he hasn't seen her, I'm not sure if he has any female relatives around, but I'm sure if he did he would've asked them to teach him to dance.

I watch him breathe, he doesn't show it, but I know he's been hurting. Not just from me, but from his childhood. Not having his parents to take care of him, and the weight he carries on his shoulders. I wish I could take it all away and tell him he doesn't have to worry anymore. I would do anything for this man. And when he needed me to believe him, I wouldn't. I know he wouldn't be the type of guy to hold it against me, but I do feel very guilty.

I wish I could help him in some way.

I would do anything.

Maybe I could go search for his mom? Is she still alive? Would he like that? I'm not sure if he resents his mother for leaving, or if he was just too young to even remember why she left.

I will find her. I don't know how, but I will figure it out.