Chapter 49

Eddie's P.O.V

Dustin came along with me to get this ring made. We talked about it in the van on how I wanted to do this. I explained that I needed real silver to make this ring and before we got the chance to leave Dustin told me to stop at his house real quick. Dustin told me that his mom has a "special stash" of silver. There were silver spoons and forks, and some jewelry his mother doesn't even wear anymore.

This was the first time I had ever been to Dustin's house. He did tell me his mom liked cats, and looking around the living room he wasn't kidding. There were pictures of cats on the wall. There was even a picture of Dustin's mom with her cat.

"I guess my dad bought my mom this necklace when they first started dating," Dustin said as he held the necklace up.

"I think that's the first time you ever mentioned your dad." I never got into it with Dustin, I never thought about bringing it up.

"Yeah well." He shrugged.

"If you don't mind me asking..."

"My dad left when I was younger before we moved here to Hawkins."

I pat Dustin on the back, "I know what that's like."

"Your mom left right? Do you know why?"

"She didn't want to deal with my dad's bullshit anymore, and I haven't heard from her since." I shrug, "I don't know where she is. And honestly, maybe I'm better off not knowing."

I remember that (Y/n) wanted to help me find my mom. I told her that I didn't want to, but maybe I'll try and find someone to help me find my mom.

"My mom said that my dad fell in love with someone younger and that's why he left my mom," Dustin revealed.

"I'm sorry man." I pat him on the back again.

"It's fine. I don't remember him all that well. I think it's for the best."

"I know what you mean." I never realized how much in common I had with Dustin. Now I have more respect for him than I did before. I knew there was something about him I liked.

"Maybe we should get going, you want to make that ring for (Y/n)." I could tell he didn't want to talk about it anymore.

"Yeah, let's get going."

We got back into the van and drove up to the school, that's where Carl's workshop is.

"Is it okay to be doing this?" Dustin asked.

"Of course it's okay, if it wasn't Carl wouldn't let us come by."

"I suppose."

"Don't worry about it Henderson."

Once we reached the school I noticed that Carl was standing by the entrance.

"Let's get this done Munson, technically I'm not even allowed to be here when school is closed."

Dustin and I exited the van and followed Carl to the door of the school.

"I didn't know they gave you the keys," Dustin said.

"Uhh..." Carl looked a bit nervous as he was unlocking the door.

"They didn't give you the keys did they." I looked down at the keys and up at Carl.

"Technically no, I sort of stole them and copied them. Once in a while, I like to come here and just get away from people and this is the only place I can get privacy."

"Dude seriously."

"Oh come on Munson, if it were you, you would do the same thing."

"You're right, I would. Not now."

"This girl has a grip on you doesn't she?"

"It's not like that."

"I think it's exactly like that..." Carl gave me a smug smile.

"Don't make me kick your ass, Carl. Right now you're not a teacher, you're just some pothead that illegally copied the school keys."

"Don't tell anyone."

"I mean Hopper isn't here anymore, so I guess you wouldn't have to worry about him." Dustin chimed in.

"No, now you have to worry about Chief Powell."

"Alright, I'm sorry, let's just get this over with and you can all go home and pretend this didn't happen."

"Fine by me."

Once the door was unlocked we followed Carl to the first floor of the school where his workshop was. I had a bag filled with a bunch of silver things and I dumped them in to melt.

It smelled like a basement in his workshop, there was dust everywhere and the room was dimly lit.

"Okay, I have the shape for the ring," Carl said.

"Awesome." I took the mold and placed it where it needed to go. All the silver started to melt and slowly it poured out and went into the mold.

"Do we have a way to engrave it?" Dustin asked Carl.

"Yeah, I have an engraver machine in the back." Carl led us to the back to where the engraver was.

"What the hell should I write on the ring?"

"How about something like Eddie and (Y/n) forever," Dustin suggested.

"Jesus that sounds so g...." I shot Carl a look, I know he finds this "lame" and whatever else, but I will kick his ass if he keeps it up.

"I think I know what I want to say, but it will be a surprise." I took the ring and engraved what I wanted to say and once that was all done I had a small jewelry box that I brought along with me to put the ring in.