Chapter 67.

Eddie's P.O.V

The search for my mother began a month and a half later.

After telling (Y/N) that I didn't think I was ready for this, I knew it was time to face my past. It was time to finally let it go move on with my life, and be genuinely happy. That starts with me, and my life. (Y/N) and I talked about how we would go about this, and the two of us saved up a crap ton of money and hired ourselves a Private Investigator, Thomas Holland.

The two of us also discussed the wedding and decided to have it sooner than later.

We were planning on waiting for another few years, but we found out that she was pregnant again. The two of us found out the night after I told her I wanted to search for my mom. After our shower discussion, she told me she wasn't feeling very well so I made her lie down. About an hour after that, she got up ran into the bathroom, and tried to make it to the toilet in time. She didn't reach it.

The next day the two of us went to a drugstore and bought her a pregnancy test.

It came out positive.

We planned on having the Wedding after the baby was born. So instead of waiting for another few years, it was going to be nine months from now.

We told Wayne about it first, he was happy for us but he was still a little sad about the baby he was going to have. Turns out the baby wasn't stillborn at all, we had our Private Investigator start with that first and he let us know that the baby was adopted by a family that lived here in Hawkins but they moved away when he was only two years old.

They changed his name to Joseph Arthur Reynolds.

Still not a great name in my opinion, but at least we know that he's alive.

And we found out exactly where they moved to and it was the State of Virginia.

And from there the P.I. let us know that he's been working on finding my mom. Her last known residence was in Virginia but since then she left for Texas. Still no known address or any other children, no known name changes for her. She was still not contacting me in any shape or form.

Wayne and I talked about contacting my little brother who was only a year younger than I was.

That means he was going on 20 years old this month.

(Y/N) and I wanted to get in contact with him, we ended up getting his address and phone number. The best course of action was to write him a letter and if we receive communication back from him then we'll go on and see if he would like to come to our wedding. And technically he's going to be an uncle in 9 months.

My dad ended up going back to jail.

(Y/N), Wayne and I went up to Rick's house to visit my dad one last time. We sat there and talked about how things were going to change, and we mentioned that he'd be a grandfather and he was very happy for us I kept my promise, I'm not going to let this baby grow up like I did. I'm going to do everything for this baby and give him or her a good life.

Chief Powell and Officer Callahan came to the house and picked up my dad. They handcuffed him and brought him to the cop car. Chief Powell apologized for confusing my father for me and admitted to being wrong and that he felt bad. Officer Callahan on the other hand just avoided me most of the time, which was fine with me.

Once we got home I had (Y/N) to go lay down. I didn't want her to get too excited or too stressed out about anything. We had a Doctor's appointment coming up in a week and the nurse over the phone recommended that (Y/N) get into bed and get some rest because we don't want to risk losing this baby.