Chapter 57.

We got to my parent's house and everyone met up with us.

It was me and Eddie, Nancy and Steve, Robin, Chrissy and of course, our best friends Dustin, Lucas, Max, and even Mike Mike was his girlfriend El and her stepbrother and Mike's friend Will.

I remember seeing them around a few years back. Especially Will, back in 83' he went missing and was found about a week or so later. No one knows exactly what the hell happened. Some say he heard someone trying to break into his house and it spooked him so he ran away.

"It's good to see you guys." I greeted everyone, hugging them and shaking hands.

"Hey," Max smiled, and she hugged me tightly. "I am so sorry." She said quietly.

Eddie told me that he told her what happened.

"It's okay, I'm okay." Yes, it sucks that it happened but I know that Eddie and I have plenty of time to worry about having kids in the future.

"I love you like a sister, and I hope you know that you can always come to me." Max kept hugging me.

"I know. And you're like a sister to me. I appreciate it so much Max, you have no idea."

"Eddie take care of her," Max said.

"I will," Eddie replied taking me in his arms now.

I love having everyone around, nothing could be better than this. Or so I thought, I could feel Eddie shaking, and the next thing I knew he was going down on one knee.

"Oh my god." I gasped, covering my mouth with my hands.

Eddie pulled out a box, and when he opened it there was a beautiful ring inside. It wasn't super flashy with a bunch of stones on it, but that was okay.

Every person that was there surrounded us.

"(Y/n), you changed my life for the better. I am a better man because of you. Without you, I don't know what would happen to me. I am so grateful to have you in my life and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Eddie took the ring out of the box.

"(Y/n) I love you so much. Will you marry me?"

He already knew the answer but I nodded my head.

"Yes, yes, a thousand times yes," I said bouncing up and down in excitement.

Eddie slipped the ring onto my finger.

Everyone clapped for us.

Eddie got up picked me up and spun me around.

Today just got better.

I'm so thankful to have Eddie in my life. The two of us are going to get married and I am so freaking excited.

After yesterday, I am so happy that this happened. I know that there will be some ups and downs for the both of us, but as long as I have Eddie in my life then I know we can get through it.

"Congrats you two," Dustin said patting Eddie on the back. "For graduating and the engagement. The ring looks great by the way, I helped him out with that."

"Really?" I looked over both of them.

"Yeah, we went out to look for rings and he wanted the perfect one for you. And believe me, it took us a good bit until he decided..."

Eddie made a coughing noise, "Yes thank you, Dustin, I can tell her."

"Where did the ring come from?" I asked.

Eddie took my hand, "I made it."

"You did?"

"Yeah, I had some help from Carl, he's the wood-shop teacher at school. Dustin came along to help out. That ring is made of real metal."