Chapter 25.

Only one more day, then it's back to school. It was nice while it lasted, though. While on break, I got to know Dustin Henderson and Lucas Sinclair, and Max. It's been almost a week since I've spoken to Eddie, but I had more important things to worry about. Max and I can up with a plan to get her and the boys to come to prom with me. It's been a week since I bought my prom dress, and that night when Max and I got back to my house, we stayed up all night talking about it. I didn't want to go by myself, and Max was excited that I asked her to be my prom date. We called Lucas and Dustin, and they said yes too.

"Mike is coming back from California," Dustin said over the phone. "Do you think he could come too?"

"Of course, he can," I said.

"Cool, we're going to meet up with him at his house. Mr. and Mrs. Wheeler will pick him up from the airport in about two hours."

"Awesome. Maybe you can come get me? I know I haven't spoken to Mike all that much, but I consider him as a friend. Who knows, maybe when he gets back, we can ask if he wants to play D&D with us?"

"That would be freaking awesome." Dustin almost screamed.

"Awesome. Come get me soon, okay?"

"Sure." Dustin and I talked for a few more minutes then we hung up. Once the phone was back on the receiver, it rang again.

I picked it up, assuming it was Dustin again, "What's up, Dustin?" I laughed, but it wasn't Dustin's voice on the other end.

"Hey (Y/n)." It was Eddie.

"Oh, uh, hi. How are you?" Shit, shit, shit!

"I'm good. How bout you?"

"I'm fine, thanks." I lied. How could I be fine?

"That's great. I just called to apologize; I'm sorry for what I said to you..." he sounded sincere.

"Eddie, it's fine. We can't change what was said, and honestly, I'm over it." Another lie. Of course, I'm not over it. But I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt that he was sorry.

"Oh, okay, cool..." Eddie was silent.

"Yeah. I guess I'll see you at school." I said, hoping he'll hang up the phone.

"Yeah. I'll see ya at school." It was silent again. The silence was deafening.

"Alright, bye, Eddie." I didn't give him a chance to say bye. I hung up the phone and walked away. I looked over at the clock, and it's only been a few minutes since I'd spoken with Dustin, so that he won't be here for a while. I just can't believe that Eddie Munson called me; I guess I can believe it because I think he's been the one calling me nonstop this past week. I've been with Dustin and Lucas, and Max, so I know it hasn't been them that called.

Later that day...

There was a knock at my door, and I walked over and opened it. Dustin, Lucas, and Max were in front of me. "Let's go meet Mike at his house," Dustin said. I got on the back of Dustin's bike, and it took about an hour to get to Mike's house. Mike's parents' car just pulled up as we arrived. First, Mike's parents walked out, and then Mr.Wheeler helped his daughter out of the car. She looked like she was about six, with her blonde hair in pigtails and a cute pink dress. Then Mike got out of the car, Dustin and Lucas ran over to him and practically tackled him to the ground.

"We missed you, Mike."
"How was California?"

Lucas and Dustin were asking a bunch of questions, and Mike walked over to Max and hugged her; it clearly shocked the hell out of her. She didn't have time to wrap her arms around him.