Welcome to Hollywood 🎥

📍April 2015

Elyse Pov

"DAMN!! Perfect, that's the one, Elyse," I hear Haley say.

I am too zoned out to even care what's going on.

"What is?" I say as she comes out of the other room walking towards me.

"Elyse the dress...It's the one, the perfect dress! I'll go tell Laura," Haley excitedly says, rushing off to go tell Laura, my stylist.

I'm standing in the fitting room, trying on dress after dress for the Oscars.

I had taken a red-eye flight from Miami to LA this morning. I have spent the past 48 hours in glam running the walkway for a Versace show, and now my body is starting to pick up on the exhaustion.

Once I wrapped the show...I headed to the airport to take part in this torture.

Two weeks ago, Haley informed me, that I would be co-presenting an Oscar, and I needed to get some fittings done. Not only are the Oscars two days away.

I also didn't listen to her earlier... I didn't want to do this, I've only been to the Oscars once and didn't enjoy myself... but without a choice, I have to do it again...

I sigh and stare at myself in the mirror. My hair is in a ponytail. My eyes are bloodshot red. All I want right now is my bed and some sleep. I've been working non-stop this month and I'm craving a good night's rest in my own bed, not some shabby hotel room.

I'm wearing a gorgeous YSL gown. It's gold, with long sleeves and a V-neck.

I for the first time feel beautiful in a dress. I smile as Laura walks in and notes down some alterations that were needed.

I thank her, and she tells me she'll see me later,  the day of the Oscars.

Soon enough after Haley helps me out of the dress she offers to drive me to the house.

As Haley is driving, I look out the window as we pass through traffic...

"Who am I presenting the award with?"

Haley's eyes pop out and she gives me this look as if I hit my head on a wall, or as if aliens appeared on the 101.

"Seriously Elyse, Chris Evans... You're Presenting with Chris Evans," she says all excited.

"Chris Evans as in Captain America?" I question as I roll my eyes.

"Yes! Elyse, Captain America, you'll be presenting the best picture movie this year," she says as she takes the exit towards my place.

"UGHHHH!!! Another hotshot," I groan loudly.

"Don't worry, it will be a quick in and out.. I promise you," Haley says, smiling.

"Yeah, right, once you spot Leo or someone, you'll forget all about me," I mumble under my breath, smiling back at her.

I am not looking forward to this weekend at all and I decided to text my best friend, Dakota Johnson.

I met Dakota through our dads... My dad was her dad's dentist and we would always have playdates, so we go far back.

I haven't seen Dakota in a while with her packed schedule.

She's flying back today from wrapping up a film.

I texted her to come over tomorrow and hang out, maybe catch up. It's been a while, and she can convenience me it won't be as bad.

I hope she is also attending and can help me with this misery.

...

Haley drops me off and tells me to rest.