Seperation Anxiety 🙈🎇💖

📍July 2016

Elyse Pov

"Chris, baby, let's go." I yelled from the door.

Chris was somewhere in the house trying to find Buster's dog carrier. He was the last one to use it when we took Buster to the vet, and now he can't seem to be able to find it.

I shake my head and open the garage door, seeing him looking through some random boxes.

"It's okay, honey, we can just order a new one online; let's just go. Shanna has already called me twice now," I say, picking up Buster and grabbing the headphones we bought him for tonight.

I take Chris's hand, leading him out of the garage and towards the front door. I hand him Buster, and I lock up, and after about five minutes, we drive over to Ma's home.

This was my first time celebrating the Fourth of July, and Chris told me every year the neighborhood around Ma's house puts on a huge show for everyone, and I'm excited.

I've always loved fireworks, but the bangs always made me a little nervous and jumpy.

Ma is hosting a BBQ with some family and friends. The time is 1:45 pm, and it is blazing hot in MA this year, according to Chris.

He sweats like crazy. I don't think I've ever seen someone sweat as much as Chris does.

He claims that one of the reasons he prefers Massachusetts over Los Angeles is because of the temperature difference, but the odds are not in his favor this year as MA has been in the triple digits this week at a whopping 101 F.

After a 35-minute drive, we pull into the driveway and walk in through the backyard, seeing everyone enjoying lunch and playing games around the grass.

I let go of Buster, as he wants to play with the other dogs here. We walk over to Ma and greet her along with everyone else.

I am enjoying my burger when I feel some eyes on me, and to my surprise, it's Chris as he's playing a game of corn hole with Ethan and Miles while sipping on a beer.

He looks so good as always, wearing a NASA cap and a red T-shirt with blue jeans. I, on the other hand, am wearing a red floral dress with my hair down and my Hermes slides.

Stella is sitting next to me playing with Buster, who is now on a leash as he keeps diving into the coolers with all the cold drinks.

We had to put him in timeout. He was not too happy about it until Stella ran up to him with some treats and chew toys.

I am talking with Carly and Ma about going wedding dress shopping. They are honored to go with me.

Chris is a little bummed that he can't come with me. I walk over to the trash can and can't help but smile, thinking that in a few weeks I will be Mrs. Evans.

Every time Chris calls me Mrs. Evans, it's as if some type of electricity moves through my body.

It warms my heart. I just miss my parents, and I wish they were here to see this.
...

Slowly, we watch the sunset, and I take Buster down to the basement with the other dogs.

I put on the dog headphones Chris bought, and they are a little big, and I have a good laugh while taking some pictures and sending them to Dakota.

I grab a dog bone so he stays occupied and hope he doesn't get scared, but there are other dogs with him, and Tucker comes next to Buster and cuddles into him, so I'm not too worried.

I run upstairs, and I feel someone grab my arm and pull me into the downstairs bathroom.

I'm met with some bright blue eyes. They are Chris's eyes; he's blocked me with my back against the door.