The Truth 💔❤️‍🩹

📍Lisa's House

Lisa Pov

Chris called me yesterday, giving me an update on Elyse's health and well-being, as I've been worried sick.

Elyse seems like a sweet girl. I couldn't help but feel a motherly connection to her when I saw her lying helpless on the hospital bed. I did what any human would do and asked Scott about her, and it turns out her parents passed away when she was really young.

Her aunt and uncle took her in. I was looking online and in pictures, and she seems very happy and content with her life, but she feels familiar as if there is some type of connection to her family. Chris had told me what he overheard one night, which makes me want to get to the bottom of it. I hope it was just a misunderstanding on Chris's end, as he was stressed out.

I called Chris earlier today, asking if it was okay to come by with some dinner.

He said it should be fine. He also warned me that Elyse isn't much of a hugger and to calm it down a little when I introduce myself.

I decided to bring some different soups for dinner.

I've made cream of asparagus, classic chicken soup, and lentil soup. I also decided to make some Christmas cookies to surprise Chris and Elyse.

The oven beeps as the last batch of cookies is done. I've been thinking of inviting Elyse over for Christmas dinner, as she's away from home. She must be homesick; I will mention it before leaving Chris's home.

With that thought, I pack everything up and head over to Chris's house.

Chris's House

Third-Person Pov

As Chris is unloading the bag with many soups, he smiles and shakes his head as his mother goes overboard with dinner.

He smiles when he sees that she's made her special Christmas cookies.

Chris places everything on the dining table as he heads back towards the living room.

Lisa walks over to Elyse as she's sitting on the couch and smiles.

"You must be Elyse," Lisa says as she walks towards Elyse.

Elyse tries to get up, but Chris comes behind her and stops her. Elyse just shakes her head.

"Yes, Elyse, and you must be Chris's Ma. It's so good to meet you, Mrs. Evans," Elyse says with a smile on her face.

"Please call me Lisa," Elyse just nods.

Chris tells them the table is set and they should all eat as everything is getting cold.

Lisa makes her way over to the dining room and takes a seat. Chris helps Elyse over and takes a seat next to her.

Elyse is feeling overwhelmed, looking down at the three soups, not knowing what to choose.

"Mrs. Evans, you didn't have to go through so much trouble to make these; they all look so good I don't know what to get," Elyse says.

"Nonsense, it was nothing. It took me less than thirty minutes to whip everything up, as Chris and his siblings were very picky eaters growing up, so you get used to it, and besides, I wasn't sure what you might enjoy more," Lisa says, smiling.

"You have siblings?" Elyse asks Chris, and Chris nods.

"Oh, honey, I have four kids, including Chris," Lisa answers, and Elyse just smiles and nods.

All three of them fall into a heart-filled conversation, talking about the weather and plans everyone has for the New Year. About Chris's childhood and family stories.