A Fresh Start 💕

Elyse Pov

One week has passed since everything happened on Friday. Scott is over today, and Chris and him are both watching the game in the living room while I clean up the kitchen from lunch.

I had gone radio silent for the first two days, not saying a word to anyone, and Chris had to call Ma. After talking with her, it was best to let her know what happened. She really got me out of the dark hole I put myself in.

Dakota had also come by and informed me about the situation. Emily and Tony would be serving time in prison for murder and other charges. I was finally and fully free of them, not having to worry about anything.

I had fired everyone who worked for them and me. Haley and our lawyers were in charge of selling the dungeon and donating the money to a women's shelter for abused moms or women.

I didn't want anything to do with the place ever again. I would officially have a fresh start on anything.

Haley had sent a few statements to different media outlets announcing her leave from the industry of modeling and acting. The only gig I had left was to promote Super-Spies whenever it was nearing its release.

Meghan had also put out a statement about our relationship, conforming to the rumors and PR, stating we are in love and to respect our privacy.

And to our surprise, everyone was really supportive of our relationship and mostly happy for us.

Chris's team will try everything in their power to keep what happened Friday night out of the news and media, which I am grateful for.

I have been thinking about getting a place of my own, as I don't really know what happens now or if I get a place in Boston. I'm still unsure how to bring Chris into the conversation. I was talking to Dakota about it last night, and she offered to move in with her.

I'm washing the dishes and putting away the leftovers, and I'm thinking about what's going to happen now. I need to find a home or an apartment or something, right? Will Chris go back to Boston?

Chris hugs you from the back, pulling me out of your thoughts.

"What's going on in that beautiful mind of yours, baby? he asks me, turning me around.

"Nothing important, handsome," I say, kissing my spot and avoiding meeting his eyes. He was about to say something when we heard the buzzer go off for the gate.

Chris checks the camera and sees that it's Haley. He lets her in, and she drives in.

I open the door, letting her in. She brings my things in two suitcases, and she tells me everything is done.

Haley had gone to Dakota and brought me my things. Dakota had gone back to the dungeon to grab some of my things, and Haley brought them for me today.

I hugged her tightly, thanking her for everything. She hugged me and wished me all the best, and she will hopefully see me during promotions.

Later in the day, I walk into the living room, and I see Chris watching a new game on TV, as Scott had gone to hang out with Steve a while ago.

"Come cuddle with me? Chris says, patting the empty space next to him. I smile and cuddle with him.

I have no knowledge about football whatsoever, and Chris tried to explain it to me. But I got bored and decided to cook some dinner.

I'm thinking about it again. I should ask Chris if he's annoyed with me being around him this long. I'm wondering if I should crash at Dakota's tonight.