I Need a Shower 🚿

📍December 22, 2015

Elyse Pov

I slowly woke up and noticed some cut-up apples and some juice on the nightstand, with yet another note saying Chris was out on a run. I drink some juice and eat some apple slices. I can't help but have a huge smile on my face. Chris is so sweet and thinks of everything. I've never received this type of love before. It's all new, and all of a sudden, I notice tears falling down my cheeks. I can't help it. It's most likely my hormones from the medicine.

I look around, and I notice all my stuff from the hotel is in the room, along with my clothes. I smile and wonder how... I feel a little stronger today and want to take a shower. I needed to take a shower. I decided to wait until Chris came back home.

Until then, I'll give a call to Dakota, Haley, and Seb and tell them what happened, as I'm still getting messages.

Chris Pov

This morning I woke up around 5:30. Last night, before going to bed, I thought of a way to get Elyse's stuff from her hotel. I remember having the information saved on Google Maps. So I called Haley and explained the situation. She tells me she can put my name down as a guest, so I can grab her things in the morning. I put on some clothes as it's freezing outside, and I'm off to the hotel. I grab her things and make my way back home.

I get home around 7:45, bring her suitcase into the room, and notice she's still sleeping. So I go to the kitchen... I'm cutting some fruit and pouring some juice for Elyse as I'm getting ready for my morning run. Maybe I can clear my mind. Elyse's aunt and uncle talking to her in that manner are still disturbing me. I walked into her room, left yet another note, and headed out. I decided to just run the short trail instead of the long one today in case Elyse woke up. I'm glad she called in last night to help her be as stubborn as she can be.

After a good run, I walk back home and see some flowers on the doorstep, along with a note. I see it's from Dakota. I head inside and bring them to Elyse.

Elyse Pov

Chris walks in all sweaty, carrying a beautiful arrangement of tulips. Oh, my gosh! How does he know I love tulips? I wonder, but before I can ask him, he tells me they are from Dakota, and I smile as he sits them down next to the empty glass and bowl.

I tell him they're my favorites, and he smiles and tells me Noted." me,I blush back at him. He then asks me if I need anything, and I look at him, unsure, debating asking him for some help to shower...

"Elyse, what is it?" You're making a really weird face," he tells me.

"I really want to take a shower," I say while looking down at the fingers, waiting for his answer.

"Okay, let's do it," he replies. I look at him hesitantly. I don't want him to see my scars. Before I can say anything, he interrupts me.

"Trust me, Elyse."

"Wait here, I'll be back," he says, as he runs out.

"I can't really move, Chris," I say, giggling. He comes back with a bag from the hospital and a new pair of briefs. Chris heads to the bathroom and comes back, carefully picks me up, and takes me to the bathroom.

He puts me up on the counter, walks over to the tub, and turns the water on. As it fills up, he comes back to me and hands me the tape the hospital gave him to cover my stitch mark as he turns around. I lift my shirt and cover my stitches.

"Okay, now what? I question.

Chris turns towards me again and closes his eyes, and I smile. He tells me to guide his hands so he can take off my sweatpants and put on the boxer briefs. I take the tag off the underwear and place it on the side. I grab a hold of Chris's hand and put it on my waist.