The Proposal (Marks POV)

September

Marks POV: I wake up and I'm nervous as hell. Today is the day I ask the love of my life to marry me. I mean I know she's going to say yes because we've talked about it. But I'm still nervous. I just want everything to go well. It's also our one year anniversary of dating. I take a deep breath. Y/N stirs and snuggles closer to me then opens her gorgeous Y/E/C eyes. My breath hitches and my heart beats faster. If she says yes which I hope to god she will because it would surprise me and destroy me if she doesn't. I'm going to get to wake up to that every morning. I smile at her and kiss her on the forehead.
"Good morning princess happy one year anniversary." I say.
"Good morning baby happy one year anniversary." She says in her adorable morning voice.
"I want to go out for breakfast then we're going out after." I say.
"Ok sounds good babe." She says.
We both use the bathroom then I get changed and brush my teeth. Y/N does the same and while she's doing her makeup in the bathroom I let Chica outside to do her business.
When she comes back in I give her a treat and pet her.
"Who's a good girl? I'm gonna be asking Y/N to marry me today. Isn't that exciting?" I say to her. She gives me a quiet bark as if confirming that the news is very exciting.
I then run upstairs to grab the ring box from the safe. I head downstairs and put my sweatshirt on and put the ring box in the pocket making sure it's secure.
I then grab my keys wallet and phone and put them in my pocket. I also get the present I got her and the card. I also got her flowers yesterday. She comes downstairs and I hand her the card first.
"Oh let me get yours." She says and runs upstairs and comes back down a minute later with a card and a present.
She hands them to me and then opens the card

Dear Princess,
I can't believe it's been one year already. It feels like I've known you a lifetime. You truly are my soulmate and I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together. I love you more than words can express.
Love always,
Mark

"Awww baby." She says and gives me a hug.
I hand her the present.
She opens it to see a charm for her charm bracelet of a couple hugging and looks at me smiling.
"I love it." She says.
"Let me help you put it on." I say.
She's already wearing the bracelet so I take it off and put the charm on for her. I then put the bracelet back on her wrist.
"There, perfect." I say.
"Now open yours." She says eagerly.
I open the card first.

Dear Markimoo,
One year wow it feels way longer than that. It feels like I've known you my whole life. I can't imagine life without you and can't wait for our future. I love you so much baby.
Love,
Y/N

"Thank you honey." I say.
"You're welcome." She says.

I open the gift to find a picture of the stars on the night we met. I tear up and pull her close.
"Thank you I love you so much." I say and kiss her forehead.
"You're welcome now let's go out to breakfast." She says. I set the picture on the dining room table.
"Bye Chica Bicca you be a good girl." I say petting her.
"Bye girl." Y/N says petting her as well.
We then head outside. I shut and lock the door and walk to the car. Then I open the passenger door for Y/N and shut it then get in on my side. Once we're both buckled I start driving to the diner. I make sure to keep her distracted when we drive past the signs for the carnival. Once we get to the diner I get out and open the door for her then shut and lock the car. We head inside and I ask the hostess for a table for two and she leads us to an empty table. Once we get to the table she hands us our menus and asks what we would like to drink. We tell her and look at the menu while we wait for our drinks. Once she's back with our drinks we thank her and order our food. We chat while we wait for our food and soon it arrives. We talk as we eat then when we are done I ask for the check and pay. We then head out to the car. I open the passenger door for her then shut the door and get in on my side. Once we are both buckled I start driving to the carnival.
"Where are we going?" She asks.
"You'll just have to wait and see." I say with a smirk.
Once we're almost at the carnival I have her close her eyes and promise not to peek. When we get there I get out and open her door for her help her out of the car then shut and lock it.
"Ok my love open your eyes." I say.
She opens her eyes and her eyes light up with excitement.
She squeals and hugs and kisses me then grabs my hand and pulls me to the ticket both. I chuckle at her giddiness.
I buy the tickets and we go on all the rides stopping for hot dogs and cotton candy. We ride the Ferris wheel last like the first time. As we're in line I can feel my nerves getting the best of me and Y/N notices.
"Are you ok babe?" Y/N asks looking concerned.
I take a deep breath and nod.
"Yeah just feeling a little queasy maybe I shouldn't have eaten so much before that last ride." I say chuckling. Y/N giggles at me.
Phew she bought it.
We get on our Ferris wheel car and as soon as we start moving I take a deep breath.
"Y/N?" I ask.
She nods looking at me lovingly.
"You know I love you more than life itself right?" I say.
"Yeah of course I love you more than life itself too." She says.
I take another deep breath. Here goes nothing.
"Y/N this past year has been the best year of my life hands down. In you I have found my soulmate, the person who was made especially for me." I start.
Her eyes flash with recognition.
"Mark." She says quietly starting to tear up.
"You are the best thing that's ever happened to me and I can't imagine life without you or doing life with anyone else. I also refuse to do that and I will never let you go. So this is me telling you I'm never letting you go. Telling you that I want to spend forever with you. Making you happy, supporting and celebrating your successes and good times and taking care of you through the bad times." I say.
She now definitely knows because her hand is over her mouth and she's crying.
"So." I say and slowly get on one knee and pull the ring box from my jacket pocket.
We're at the top of the Ferris wheel now.
"Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N, will you make me the happiest man not just on earth but in the universe and marry me?" I ask and open the ring box.
It takes her a couple seconds of sobbing hysterically which feels like an eternity before she throws her arms around me and sobs into my chest. She finally pulls away and calms down enough to choke out.
"Yes Mark yes of course I'll marry you!" Then kisses me passionately. I sigh in relief into the kiss. I pull away and rest my forehead against hers for a second. I then take the ring out of the box and take her right hand in mine take her promise ring off and put it on her right hand ring finger then take her left hand in mine and take the engagement ring and slide it on her ring finger. She gasps when she sees it.

 She gasps when she sees it

"Oh my god Mark it's gorgeous

"Oh my god Mark it's gorgeous. You shouldn't have you didn't need to spend this much on me." She says tearing up again.
I lift her chin up with my two fingers so her eyes meet mine.
"Of course I did only the best for my queen now that you're my fiancée you've been upgraded from princess to queen." I say with a smirk making her giggle.
"I love you so much." She says.
"I love you so much too baby." I say and press a kiss to her lips.
I help her up and we sit cuddling for the rest of the ride which isn't long. Once it's over I take her hand and help her off and lead her to the car. I open the passenger door for her then shut it and get in on my side. Once we're both buckled I start driving back to the house. I find her hand with mine as I drive and bring it to my lips smiling then rest our hands on my thigh. Once we get home I get out and open her door for her then shut and lock the door. I then walk her to the front door and unlock it. I enter and she follows and gasps when she sees all her friends and family and the house decorated for an engagement party.
"Surprise!" Everyone shouts.