Thunderstorm

One day as me and Colby were driving home from the hospital after i had knee surgery, it started pouring rain. It took us a while to get home because of it but when we did Colby got out and ran to my side and picked me up and carried me bridal style into the house. When we got in the house he took me over to the couch and set me down and sat next to me. he kissed my cheek and turned the TV on. 

Then our phones got an alert for a thunderstorm coming towards where we live. It was still pouring rain outside. me and Colby were cuddling on the couch when we heard a loud thing of thunder. i jumped when the thunder happened because it scares me. Colby held me in his arms to keep me calm.

Colby: "Shh. baby it's ok. it's just thunder."

After about 10 minutes Colby got up to go get us water and while he was in the kitchen the thunder happened again and then the power went out and since the clouds outside were dark it was dark in the house and i'm terrified of the dark. I screamed in fear and yelled.

"Colby!" 

I yelled as tears filled my eyes and Colby came running back in the living room. he set the water on the coffee table and hugged me tight in his arms when he sat down. he caressed my hair as he hugged me tightly. 

He rubbed my back and kissed my forehead as i clanged to him in fear from the storm. 

Colby: "Baby it's ok. It's nothing to be scared of. It's alright."

Colby continued to hold me each time the thunder and lightning would happen. He would kiss my forehead and cheeks and whisper things to me as he would rub my back and head.

After a while i started to get tired and after a few minutes my eyes were stating to get heavy. i slowly started to fall asleep. I was resting against Colby with my head on his chest. When he saw i was falling asleep he gently picked me up and carried me to our bedroom. He laid me in bed and kissed my forehead.

He crawled in after and held me against his chest.

Colby: "I love you baby. goodnight." He whispered to me as i fell asleep.

After a short time we were both fully asleep together with both Colby's arms wrapped around me.