Easter

I woke up to little feet jumping about on our bed.

"Mommy! Daddy! Wake up! It Easter!" I heard my little girls voice excitedly saying.

I groan but smile and sit up. I grab her waist and pull her into my lep and tickle her.

"Well good morning little sunshine." I say as my tiredness went away. 

Then i felt the sheets shuffle and a raspy morning groan.

"What's going on?" My husband said as he rubbed his eyes.

When he looked over his bright blue eyes shined in the morning light coming through the curtains.

"Daddy! it Easter!" My daghter said as she sprung from my arms and crlimbed up onto her father's chest.

I giggle as Colby groaned and wrapped his arms around our little girl.

"Morning, Rissy." He says with the raspiness in his voice. 

Marissa giggled and Colby sat up, placing her perfectly in her lap between her legs. I smiled and got out of bed, stretching. I yawned and asked Marissa.

"Wanna go look for your baskets?" 

"YES!"

She jumped off the bed and i had to catch and steady her so she wouldn't fall. She giggled and ran out of the room. Then i looked at Colby with a smirk.

"You slept well."

"How do you know?" 

"Your hair looks like you were in World War 2."

He laughed and messed with his hair a bit. I giggled and crawled onto bed and laid across his lap. He pecked my temple and rubbed my head as he played with my hair.

"I love you."

"I love you too. Happy Easter."

"Happy Easter. He has risen."

"He has risen indeed."

He chuckled and stretched. 

"Lets get dressed before something happens to our little sunshine."

Colby nodded and we got out of bed. We got dressed and did our morning routen. When we went out of our room we went to the kitchen and saw that Marissa was looking in the cabnets of the kitchen.

"Hey, babes. Found one yet?" 

Marissa shook her head and ran over to Colby. She looked up at him and smiled. 

"Lets go find them then!" He said, scooping her up into his arms. 

They went running off and i started on breakfast. After 20 minutes, i heard them giggling and laughing as i heard little feet running to the kitchen.

"Mommy! Mommy! We found the baskets." 

"Did you, now?" I ask, setting the plate of pancakes to the side.

"Yes! Yes!" 

Then i saw Colby walk in with the 2 baskets in his hands. 

"So did you find them or did daddy?"

"I did!" 

"She did." Colby clarifyed. 

"Good. Now i made pancakes. Go sit at the table."

Marissa giggled and ran to the table. Colby sat next to her and i sat on her other side as i set the plate down. I put some on her plate and Colby took some. I tookt he last of them and we started eating our food as a family.