Valentines Day

I woke up around 9:27 a.m. to the strong smell of breakfast from the kitchen. I got up and went in the kitchen wearing my red and white, fuzzy pajamas. When i came in the kitchen i saw Colby standing there, no shirt, boxers only, and making pancakes. 

He smiled up at me as he put the last of his pancakes on a plate.

Colby: "Hey cutie."

"Hey handsome. What's this all about?"

Colby: "Can't i make breakfast for my wonderful girlfriend?"

"Well yes but why are they heart shaped?"

Colby: "Do you remember what today is?"

"...No.."

Colby laughed. He pulled out his phone and held it up to me.

Colby: "What is the date?"

"Um...February 14th?..." 

Then it clicked in my head.

"Oh Valantines Day."

Colby laughed. 

Colby: "Yep baby. It's Valantines Day."

I laughed and we sat down and ate our pancakes. Once we were done, we went to our room.

"So i got some stuff for you!" I say excitedly.

Colby: "Alright."

"Close your eyes!"

He laughed and closed his eyes, putting his hands in front of his face to show he couldn't see. after a bit of rustling around i finally shouted out.

"Open your eyes!"

Colby opened his eyes and saw on the bed was a big, heart-shaped, box of chocolates and a stuffed koala holding a heart that says, "I'll love you to the moon and back."

Colby: "Dudeee!!"

He went over excitedly like a kid and picked up the koala, reading the heart. Then he looked at the heart of chocolates too and he run over, hugging me tightly.

Colby: "Thank you babe!"

I laughed as he kissed me many times on the forehead.

"Your welcome baby."

After a bit Colby settled down.

Colby: "Ok now i get to do my gift on you."

"Ok. Should i close my eyes?"

Colby: "Well yes. stay right here."

i closed my eyes and i heard him walk over, opening the balcony door, and rustling a few things. Eventually he shouted from the balcony.

Colby: "Open your eyes and come to the balcony!"

I opened my eyes and looked over seeing rose petals placed around the sliding door to the balcony. I smiled and went over to it. at first i just saw the rose petals on the ground and roses on the ground but when i looked over i saw the true gift.

Colby was in a tux and on one knee, holding an engagement ring in a box. He had a rose in his mouth too.

Colby: "Will you marry me?"

I laughed a bit at the fact he looked perfect except his hair was a shamble. 

"Yes i'll marry you, you dork." I say smiling. 

He laughed and placed the ring onto my ring finger.