Niece or Nephew?

I'm 23. My older brother is 25. I got pregnant by my ex-boyfriend, and he had broken up with me because of the baby. I didn't want to get rid of the pregnancy though and have stuck through it. My brother has been helping me the most, but our friends Sam, Jake, Corey, Katrina, Tara, and Devyn have helped too. We all live as roommates together.

Right now, I'm 5 months pregnant. i found out the gender a week ago. I had Sam, Jake, and Corey outside the house in the backyard. Finally, Colby came outside.

"Finally. slow poke. Hurry up." I tell him as he was walking towards me and the other boys.

I already gave Sam, Jake, and Corey the confetti canons for the gender reveal.  Colby chuckled and rolled his eyes at me. 

Colby: "Say's the pregnant one that's slow."

"Hey! i have an excuse!" I say rubbing the small but also noticeable bump.

Colby chuckled again and shook his head, picking up the confetti canon. 

"What are your guy's predictions before we do it?"

Sam: "Boy."

Jake: "Boy."

Colby: "Boy."

Corey: "Boy."

The girls were standing behind me and Katrina was recording on her phone. The girls also knew the gender already so i was waiting for the boys to see. 

"Ok. On the count of 3 you can pop the confetti canons. Alright?"

They all nodded and got ready. Then all us girls counted down.

Girls: "1...2...3!"

Then the boys popped the confetti canons, and the color was...

Pink!

All the boys shouted in excitement and Colby came up, hugging me. i hugged him back gently and he laughed.

Colby: "I was completely wrong with my guess. Do you think I'll be a good uncle to a little girl?"

"Defiantly."

Months later....

I was sitting up in bed when i saw the hospital door open. Colby stepped in and the second he did his eyes went straight to the baby girl in my arms. She was sleeping peacefully in my arms after she was just fed for the first time. She was born just an hour ago.

Colby smiled and quietly walked over. i could see tears fill his own eyes as he came over. He gently caressed the girls head gently. She moved a little and made some noise but stayed in her peaceful sleep. Colby chuckled quietly.

Colby: "What's her name? Have you told anyone yet?"

"I wanted you to be the first to know her name. Her name is Finley May Brock."

Colby: "That's beautiful, sis."

---------------------------

I woke up after getting a few hours of rest to Colby holding Finley and walking around the room. He was gently holding her and had his shirt off too. I smiled tiredly as i watched him. He was being so gentle to her and caring. Every time she moved or made a sound, he made sure she was ok.

----------------------------

I was sitting in the nursery, desperately attempting to get Finley to sleep when i heard footsteps coming to the room. It was 5 in the morning so i was worried Finley woke one of the roommates even though she is only 3 months old so she can't help it much. 

I saw Colby come in and when he saw how exhausted i was from trying to get Finley to sleep for the last hour and Finley squirming and crying, he rushed over. He scooped Finley up in his arms and was gently rocking her.

Colby: "You go to sleep, sis. I can do it from here."

I yawned.

"Are you sure?"

 Colby: "100% now go get some sleep."

I nodded and hugged him gently and went to bed.

-------------------------

I just got home from work and when i came in i didn't hear any noise. Usually, i hear my little 10-month old's giggles or talking but now it's quiet. Right before i could say anything, Sam rushed over, shushing me. He took my hand and lead me to the living room.

When i came in, everyone was either standing there or sitting on the couch, but Colby was laying in the bean bag chair with Finley laying on his chest. They were both asleep together. It was the cutest sight + the funniest. I noticed that both Finley and Colby had drool on them, and both their hair was messy. 

---------------------------------

"Y/n!" I heard Colby shout from the living room. 

I came in and when i did i saw Finley taking slow steps towards Colby. Colby's jaw was dropped and when i saw it, so was mine. 

Colby: "Come on, baby. Come to Uncle Colby."

After a few more steps she reached his pant legs and grabbed them so she could balance herself  and Colby picked her up. She started giggling and smiling and so did i. I walked over and kissed her head.

"Oh my gosh baby. You did it! You walked!"

Colby: "You almost missed it!" Colby said smirking. 

"Shut up!"

Then Sam walked in.

Sam: "It's funny how literally you go from being a mother to the younger sibling in a second, Y/n."

"What do you mean?"

Sam: "You go from caring for your daughter to fighting with your brother in a second."

I looked at Colby and laughed. he did too. Then Finley started giggling even though she didn't understand.