Volleyball Game (DDM)

I was sitting at my desk in history class, tapping my fingers on my desk as i waited for the intercom. Then i heard it go on and the office lady speak.

"All elementary volleyball kids; the van is out front for you."

I grabbed my volleyball duffel bag, backpack, and water bottle before rushing out of the room with one of my best friends, Nora. My other best friend, Haven, was sick today and couldn't come with. We were on our last year of volleyball for us because we're in 6th grade whch is the last year of elementary and it was the last game of the season too.

We went out to the van and we got in. Our principle drove us 30 minutes to the small town near us that we co-op with for sports. We got there and jumped out, running to the door at the back of their school. Then Nora turned to me.

"What time is it right now?"

I checked my watch as she opened the door for me.

"It's 3: 35."

"When does our game start?"

"4: 30."

she nodded and we went in the gym. We went to the locker room and changed into our jerseys, shoes, and knee pads. Then Nora ran to me.

"Sup brother!"

She shouted and i did it back.

"Sup brother!"

"Is you dad coming?"

"Of course. Are your parents?"

"My grandma is."

I nodded and we left the locker room as everyone else was getting there. We grabbed the poles and put them up and a bunch more people came to help put up nets. Our coaches came in and coach W spoke up.

Coach W: "Remember to give us your jerseys after the game tonight!"

We finished putting nets up and started warming up. I warmed up with Nora and every else found a partner. Then Nora asked.

"We're playing the Troopers, right?"

I thought about it to try remembering.

"Yea we are."

After 20 minutes, i heard the scoreboard go off. there was a huge crowd of people too. We had 1 net up so one person could play at a time. they started with 4th grade. We sat on the bench. After a while, it was our time to play. it was about 6 p.m. 

I got on the court, and we served for 2 minutes. Then we met with the coach, and they told us our spots. i was in spot 4. I ran on the court and we started. We got serve and we volleyed back and forth till it came to the net close enough and i spiked it over.

Eventually it was my turn to serve. I trippled the ball 3 times and got in position to serve under hand. I heard my dad wthout looking up.

"You got this hun!"

I smiled as i served and it went straight over the net. We played to 25, braked, played to 25 again, braked, and played to 15. We won all of them. After the game, we took nets down and changed. I stuffed everything in my bag and handed in my jersey. 

Then i went out to the hallway looking for my dad when i felt someone wrap his arms around me from behind and pick me up, holding my small body on their hip. 

"DAD!" 

I said happily. Colby smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Hey hun! You did amazing tonight like usual."

I giggled and he started leaving the school.

"Dad?"

"Yea?"

"Can we stop at the Cenix?"

Colby chuckled and shook his head a little before speaking.

"I guess. You ask this every time though."

"YAY!"

We got to the car, and he set me down. I put my bags in the trunk and got in the front passenger seat. My dad got in and started the car as he stared driving to the Cenix down the road before going home.