Nightmare

One night Colby woke up in the middle of the night. He felt me moving a little in my sleep. I would toss and turn and it was waking up Colby. He sat up and looked over at me tiredly and saw i was still asleep but moving around. 

i whimpered after a few minutes while Colby was scrolling on his phone because h can't sleep now. He heard the whimper and he looked at me. he set his phone down and heard me whimper again as i rolled onto my other side so my back was towards Colby.

i was still asleep tho. Colby was now starting to realize i was having a nightmare. He reached his hand out and placed it on my shoulder and right when he did, something loudly fell downstairs and from both Cobly touching me, my nightmare, and the loud bang i jolted up and screamed when i woke up. 

"AH!" I screamed as i jolted up sitting up. 

I was sweating and shaking and completely terrified. Colby grabbed my hands gently.

Colby: "Honey what was that? are you ok? did you have a nightmare?"

I nodded while just staring in front of me and i was shaking and sweating and tears started to fall from my eyes. Colby wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back to calm me down. he can feel the adrenaline running through me. 

He held me against his chest and wiped my tears away and once i snapped out of my daze and shock i buried my face in his chest and started crying and i clanged to him. He petted my head and hair while i cried. He didn't question me though.

Colby: "It's ok baby. I'm here. It's ok." He whispered to me to calm me down. 

After a few minutes i started to calm down. my breathing was normal again and i wasn't freaking out now. I still had tears running down my face as i just let my head rest against Colby's chest. Tears streamed down my face and occasionally he would wipe away my tears. He would kiss my forehead and cheeks and hold my hands and rub my back. 

Once i started calming down i started to get tired again but i was trying to stay awake as if i didn't want to fall asleep. Colby noticed this right away.

Colby: "Baby you can fall asleep. if you have another nightmare i will be here. You can go to sleep. Your tired i know it."

When he said that i finally gave in to sleep. I finally let my heavy eyes close and i fell asleep in his arms and i still had tears fall from my eyes. he wiped the last of my tears and my cheeks were tear stained. He kissed my forehead before laying back down with me in his arms against his chest as we laid on his side.

a few hours later

A few hours later i started to have another nightmare. I rolled over onto my other side so my head was against Colby's chest. He felt my movement and started to wake up. I moved around a little like i did when i had my first nightmare during the night. He kissed my forehead and moved the hair from my face.

Colby: "Shh. Baby it's ok. You're alright." He whispered to me.

He rubbed my back and would kiss me and it started to calm me down again in my sleep and my nightmare started to go away. I calmed down and stopped moving around and rested in his arms again. He fell asleep shortly after once he knew i was fully asleep.