Say you won't let go.

I was sitting on the couch playing with my 10-month-old baby girl, Bryer. My 2 other kids, Callie who's 4 and Ellie who's 7, were playing together on the ground. Then, i heard my husband's footsteps coming from our bedroom. 

Colby had been in our shared bedroom all day and he's done this multiple times in the last 2 weeks. When he came out, he was smiling big with his bright ocean blue eyes glimmering in the sun coming through the curtains. He was also holding his guitar.

I smiled up at him and he chuckled seeing Bryer messing around on my lap. She turned and started cooing up at him. Colby came over and kissed Bryer's head. Then the kids came over.

Ellie & Callie: "Daddy!"

Colby: "Hey my little girls. Come sit next to mommy. I want to show you guys something I've been working on."

The girls were excited and sat on either side of me. I giggled and looked up at him confused.

"What do you mean? What are you planning Mr. Brock?"

Colby smirked at me and pulled up a chair in front of me. He sat down and held his guitar in his hands, ready to play it.

Colby: "So for the last 2 weeks, I've been working at a song dedicated to you."

He said looking me straight in the eyes. I blushed and he chuckled as he was smiling.

Colby: "Your 29 years old and i still make you blush."

"And your 31. Your point?" I ask smirking.

Colby rolled his eyes and sighed. He looked down at the guitar.

Colby: "Don't judge this. Alright? You too girls."

He said looking at Ellie and Callie.

Ellie: "Ok daddy."

Callie: "OK!"

Colby chuckled and took a deep breath as he started playing. Soon he started singing.

Colby: "I met you in the dark. You lit me up. You made me feel as though I was enough. We danced the night away. We drank too much. I held your hair back when you were throwing up."

I smiled at the memory.

Colby: "Then you smiled over your shoulder, for a minute I was stone-cold sober. I pulled you closer to my chest and you asked me to stay over. I said, I already told you, I think that you should get some rest. I knew I loved you then, but you'd never know 'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go. I knew I needed you, But I never showed, but I wanna stay with you, until we're grey and old Just say you won't let go Just say you won't let go."

I started tearing up and Callie was kicking her little feet around. Ellie was quietly listening and Bryer was suckling on her hand. Colby continued to play and sing.

Colby: "I'll wake you up with some breakfast in bed. I'll bring you coffee with a kiss on your head, and I'll take the kids to school, wave them goodbye, and I'll thank my lucky stars for that night. When you looked over your shoulder, for a minute I forget that I'm older. I wanna dance with you right now, oh and you look as beautiful as ever, and I swear that every day you'll get better. You make me feel this way somehow."

I wiped my eyes before i could start crying and Colby smiled up at me as he continued. 

Colby: "I'm so in love with you and I hope you know. Darling, your love is more than worth its weight in gold. We've come so far, my dear. Look how we've grown and I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old. Just say you won't let go. Just say you won't let go. I wanna live with you even when we're ghosts 'Cause you were always there for me when I needed you most. I'm gonna love you 'til my lungs give out. I promise 'til death we part like in our vows. So, I wrote this song for you. Now everybody knows that it's just you and me until we're grey and old. Just say you won't let go. Just say you won't let go. Just say you won't let go. Oh, just say you won't let go."

When he finished, Ellie and Callie clapped and Bryer noticed so she started giggling and clapping along. I was crying and smiling. Coby came over and kneeled down in front of me. He wiped my tears away and kissed my nose like he would when we were just dating.

I giggled and sniffled. Bryer squealed and we both laughed. Callie and Ellie went back to playing and Colby looked up at me smiling. He took one of my hands in his and put his other hand on Bryers back.

Colby: "Just say you won't let go."

"I won't let go."

He smiles and kisses my lips.