Lust or Love - Part 8

Y/N's POV

I was at the restaurant waiting for my parents to have dinner with them. As I was waiting for them I saw Becky's cousin Faye entered the restaurant. When she saw me , she smiled and approached me. I stood up and greeted her.

"Hey, what a coincidence. What are you doing here?" Faye asked smiling.

"Oh I'm waiting for my parents. You?" I asked.

"Waiting for my friend." She answered and I nodded. We talked for a little bit until...

"Maybe next time we can have dinner just the two of us." Faye added and gave me a flirty look.

"Well that's nice of you but I'm in the middle of something right now. Of course you know about my divorce with Becky but it doesn't mean I can just go out like that. " I frankly said.

"I understand but if you happen to change your mind you know." Faye said and I just gave her a slight smile.

When my parents arrived, Faye left and went to her reserved table and I sat with my parents.

"So, honey. How are you feeling right now?" Mom asked.

"I'm still feeling heavy. Really heavy." I said.

"So how's Becky?" She asked.

"She's okay I hope. Last time I saw her was on her Mom's birhday." I answered.

"I'm sorry , Mom." I said. Both of my parents looked at me.

"I'm really sorry I got you disappointed with my marriage to Becky. Maybe we're not really meant to be together but please don't look at her differently even after the divorce. Please treat her the way you always treat her." I added.

"Of course honey. Becky has been my daughter too and will always be even if you two got separated. We know how much you loved her. It is sad for us to see you two break but we don't want to get involved and we respect your decision. We know you're doing the right thing. We will always be here for you Y/N." Mom said and my tears started to form in my eyes but I tried my very best to hold it back.

Becky's POV

"Good morning." I was greeted by Attorney when I entered his office.

"Good morning, Attorney." I greeted back.

"Please, have a seat first." He said and I sat infront of him.

"So what's is it that you want to talk about? Is Y/N also coming today?"I asked.

"No, She isn't. My concern is you." Attorney said.

"Me?" I asked and he nodded.

Attorney took the divorce papers and scan it then handed it to me which I immediately took it.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"Why don't you give it a scan." Attorney said and I gladly obeyed.

I scanned the paper one by one.

"Attorney, do you mind telling me if something is wrong. I already read this." I said.

"I know you have but why don't you check the bottom of the last page." He said. I looked at him before I re-scan it until I reached the last page.
Now I already know what he was trying to tell me and he let me figure it out.

"Now , why don't you talk to Y/N about that first. Have a heart to heart talk with your wife. I'll give you 48 hours." He said.

I sat in my car and put my head on the wheel.