Fate and Faith - Part 3

Becky's POV

"I'll be going home by 6 pm so please just help yourself with anything you find in the fridge. Don't let anyone inside my house and please don't burn my house. Here is my phone number, call me if you need and you can use the extra phone there beside the tv."Y/N said as she scrambbled her number on the paper and gave it to me.

"Uhm, Ma'am?" I started but she cut me off.

"You can just call me Y/N. Don't be too formal." Y/N said with a chuckle.

"Sorry. Uhm Y/N I want to ask permission if I can do some chores? It's the least I can do after all the help you gave us. I'm used to doing chores before. I'm good at it. I'll clean the house , do your laundry , dishes and even cook." I said and hoping she would let me.

"Okay, sure." Y/N said.

Y/N waved and drove off.

Lily was still asleep upstairs, so I started cleaning the  house and making sure not to break anything.

Y/N's POV

"You what?" Engfa asked in a loud voice.

"Can you lower your voice." I scolded and pulled her swivel chair closer to me.

"I mean , why? Isn't that dangerous? What if she's a thief or a killer or somethin?" Engfa asked in a whisper. She was right after all.

"I believe she's not. I just felt bad for her and her daughter being on the street." I said.

"Wait. What if the father of her daughter barged into your home. You will be in big trouble. You can be accused of kidnapping." Engfa said and that hit me.

"I'm gonna check my cctv at home. She doesn't know." That was all I said.

"Damn. Do a little research about her and if the kid is really her daughter." Engfa said.

She was right.

"You just adopted a homeless single parent that you didn't know." Engfa laughed and I plafully hit her arm.

"Shut up. I just want to help." I answered.

"Okay , Okay. Ask her first how did she end up roaming around the street with her daughter. Talk to her and if you feel that she is lying or if something feels weird you should kick her out. Don't pity her. Don't just trust her like that. You don't know the person." She said and I listened to every word she said.

After work, I drove straight home.

I entered my house and I was amazed at the look of mu living room. It was very tidy and smells good. My things were arranged well.

"Oh hey. You're here." Becky said wearing an apron.

"Wow. You did a great job." I praised as I scanned around with my eyes .

"Thanks." She said.

"What are you cooking?" I asked.

"Uhm. Chicken fillet and fried rice." Becky said and I nodded.

"Where's Lily?" I asked.

"She's in the kitchen eating some cookies. Is that okay?" She asked worridly.

"Yeah, of course." I said.

"I'll go back to the kitchen and I'll call you when dinner is ready." Becky said and I nodded.

I went upstairs and turned on my laptop. I checked my cctv from the moment I let Becky and Lily in my house. I checked everything especially the part when I left to work and it was just the two of them. I focused and watched the whole footage. Nothing seemed to be suspicious about them. Becky was cleaning the house while watching Lily at the same time. They watched tv and played together. I actually found myself smiling watching them playing. It was a normal scenarios so I think I could trust them.
I went down to the kitchen and Becky was already preparing the plates. Lily was sitting on the chair with a napkin on her neck.