Chapter Seventy Nine

#5YearsOfOneDirection ♡

Chapter Seventy Nine :

Louis' P.O.V (about time)

I walked out of the waiting room and towards the desk where a lady sat. I coughed to get her attention, and stuffed my hands into the pockets of my hoodie.

"Oh? How, um, can I help you?"

More like how can I help you, I thought, as I took in the sight of the secretary. Her shirt sleeve was stapled to the desk, she had a long strip of tape dangling from her hair, and her red lipstick was smeared across her left cheek.

"I'm looking for a patient named Charlotte Flynn," I said to her.

She told me it was against her job to give strangers information about patients. I pulled out my phone and showed her a picture of Charlie and I.

"Relation?" she asked after my clarification.

"She's my girlfriend."

"And what was her name again?"
Annoyed, I replied, "Her name is Charlotte Flynn."

"Okay, let me see..."

I glanced behind me to see paps were still lined up around the perimeter, trying their best to capture a good quality picture through glass doors.

"Charlotte Flynn...," the secretary said to herself as she used her hand that wasn't stapled to the desk to type on the keyboard hooked to the computer. "Here she is! Checked in this evening."

"Yeah, I know," I looked back to the secretary. "What room is she in at the moment?"

"She is on the second floor."

"Room number?"

"205."

"Thanks---"

"Only loved ones, meaning those of blood relation, like family, are allowed to be in the patient's room during examination," the lady interrupted. "And you said she's your girlfriend, so that is not exactly permit---"

I fake laughed. "Did I say she was my girlfriend? I meant to say she's my sister."

The secretary didn't seem fully convinced, but she just shrugged her shoulders at me. She couldn't exactly stop me from going to the elevator. I mean, for goodness sake, she was stuck to the desk!

I threw my hood over my head and boarded the elevator.

The elevator ride was slow.

All I had to do was get to the floor right above me, and it seemed to take ages. Like I was going to the fifteenth floor.

The entire hallway smelled like cleaning products. I walked with my head down low and checked every once in awhile for room 205. I was stopped in front of room 203 by a man wearing blue scrubs.

"Sir!"

I turned around.

He eyed me suspiciously. "Can I help you with something?"

"Room 205?"

"Why?" he asked.

"I'm visiting my sister," I said.

"Oh. Um, it's the next room."

I turned away from him and only was able to take two steps before being stopped again.

And guess who it was?

Mr. Blue Scrubs.

"Yeah?" I asked.