Chapter Twenty Six

{A/N : Happy Birthday to Lars even though she isn't real :) x}

Chapter Twenty Six w/ note :

Laura's P.O.V

"Laura?"

"Five more minutes," I mumbled as I moved the duvet over my head. But of course that didn't stop the person trying to wake me up. They pulled the duvet off my body. "Why can't you just let me sleep?"

"Because the last time I checked the calendar, today is the day you turn eighteen," I heard someone say. The voice sounded like it belonged to Zayn. I turned over in my bed so that I was now laying on my back rather than my stomach to see Zara sitting on the bed near my feet, Megan sitting on my bed, Zayn standing at the edge of the bed near Zara, and Ariana standing beside me holding a plate with a cupcake on it.

"Happy birthday!" Ariana said with a big smile as she held out the plate towards me. I smiled. "Mummy made a tiny 'lil cake for you!"

"I see that," I laughed. The cupcake had white icing, and the top was all decorated with colorful sprinkles. A candle was placed in the middle without a flame. I rose an eyebrow as I turned towards my sister. "Why isn't there fire on the candle?"

"Too dangerous," Megan replied with a shake of her head. "Ariana could have tripped carrying the plate to your bedroom, and may have lit the whole flat on fire."

I rolled my eyes. "Thank you for the happy birthday."

"Happy birthday, auntie Laurie!" Zara smiled. I smiled back at her, and then moved my attention back to Ariana. I took the cupcake off the plate.

"Thank you for the cupcake," I said to Ariana. Ariana smiled, and she then ran out of the room with the plate in her hand. Zara jumped off the bed and followed her. "Where are they going?"

"Morning cartoons," Megan answered. "I told them if they came and wished you a happy birthday that I would allow them to turn on the telly."

I let a small laugh slip out of my mouth as I began to lick off the icing of the desert. "So, what are we doing today?"

"Well, Niall and Lou are taking you out for your first drink," Zayn said with a shrug. I rolled my eyes. "What? I'm sure you'll enjoy it."

"Doubt it," I said as I continued to lick the icing off the cupcake until it was clean off. "I'm not really excited for the whole first drink thing. I don't get why Niall and Louis are so happy about taking me out, either."

"Niall's Irish," Zayn shrugged. "And Louis wants to show you the skills."

"What skills?" I asked. "Skills on how to get drunk?"

"No," Zayn shook his head. "He wants to show you that not every person you'll meet at a club or bar is friendly."

"I know that, Mr. Malik," I said. "I have read fan fictions, and usually there is at least one that has a bar fight because someone tried to take your girl, Liam's girl, Harry's girl, Niall's girl, or Louis' girl."

"Well, then you're already one step ahead," Zayn winked. I rolled my eyes.

"So, do I get any presents?" I asked as I moved my eyes over to Megan. I knew I told my sister that I wanted nothing special for my birthday, but I still wanted one gift. The gift didn't have to be big or expensive. It could be anything that was home made. Like a drawing from my two little neices.

"I thought you didn't want any gifts?" Megan asked with a smirk.

I shrugged. "Birthdays call for presents, Megan."