Chapter Eight

{A/N : I just had two out of five of my exams today. I think I failed both of them; they were both in my least favorite subjects. Tomorrow I have my English exam, which is a presentation. I get to wear pajamas for it with @rainskyblue. Some of you are probably going to ask why, so I'll explain later.}

Chapter Eight w/ note :

MacKenzy's P.O.V (This is rare)

Why did Charlie text me when she knew I was going to be hanging out with my boyfriend, who I haven't seen in months, for the entire day?

I opened the door to the apartment we shared with my key, and opened the door. I was mad about Charlie texting me. She knew I was going to be out with Josh. I know, because I was the one who told it to her. But of course, right when I opened the door to Josh's smile and before I could give him a peck on the lips, Charlie had to go and ruin it by texting me.

"Charlie, what do you want?" I groaned as I put my key in the pocket of my coat. I walked more into the apartment, and went over to into the living room. The TV was on, and it was playing a Nicholas Sparks movie. Figures, because those are Charlie's favorite types of movies besides comedy and horror.

I picked up the remote, and turned it off by hitting the power button.

"What? So now that I come back into the house, you don't need me?" I asked. The house seemed empty, because Charlie wasn't replying. She hasn't been herself since yesterday. I decided to venture into her room.

I swung the door open, prepared to see a huge mess, but I was surprised. Everything was organized on her book shelf. There was no clothes on the floor, her laptop was actually where it was supposed to be, and the bed was made. I was a little impressed and felt like congratulating Charlie on cleaning her room, but then I remembered I had to be mad at her. I took a deep breathe in, and walked to the kitchen.

I opened the fridge, and pulled out a water. When the door closed, Charlie was sitting on the counter behind it with a blanket over her shoulders. Her hair was a messy. She looked like Teddy from Good Luck Charlie when she found out Spencer had been cheating on her.

"We're out of ice cream," Charlie said. "You need to pick up more while you're out with Josh."

"Why can't you pick it up?" I was never mean to Charlie, so this was a little weird for asking that question in a sassy tone.

"Because I can't go out of the apartment looking like this," she motioned to her pajamas and hair, "This is so unlike me."

I sighed, "It's two in the afternoon."

"And another Nicholas Spark movie is coming on at three," Charlie stated, "So I need ice cream to watch it."

"Why do you need ice cream?"

"Because it helps with the sad feelings you're having."

Without warning and before I could say anything, Charlie broke down into tears. I didn't know what to do. I remember times when Gabby and Jenna were in a break up, and I would have to come to their house to cheer them up, but Charlie was different. I had never seen her cry, unless it was during a movie. And I've never seen her look so hurt before.

"Why are you expressing sad feelings, Charlie?" I decided to ask. Charlie looked up at me. Her eyes were red, and you could tell she was crying before she even texted me to come back up. "You can tell me anything. I won't judge."

Charlie sighed, "I know, I know. It's just that, I never thought I would have to go through this again."

"Go through what?"