Chapter Thirty Eight

Chapter Thirty Eight w/ small note :

Laura's P.O.V (expect this a lot for the next few chapters!)

"What's this?!"

"What's what?" I yawned as I sat down at the kitchen table. Zara and Ariana were sitting with Zayn in the living room, watching little kid shows together while eating cereal. Zayn had the two girls on his lap on the couch.

Megan dropped the newspaper in front of me. "This."

"It's an article about me..." I stared down at the paper.

"Yeah, and what else?"

"Uh, about this guy I met at the club I went to with Niall and Louis," I looked back up at Megan. "I still don't understand why you're making a big deal out of this."

"You can't go to clubs and meet boys," Megan sat down in the chair across from me. "It's risky, dangerous, weir-"

"How is it risky when he doesn't even drink?" I asked. I started flipping through the newspaper. "He was the designated driver for his friends. I honestly think you should be more worried about Niall. I mean, he was throwing up in the bathroom and-"

"Niall isn't my little sister," Megan said. "Niall is a grown man who can take care of himself, and you are-"

"An eighteen year old who tries to grow up, but can't because her friends treat her like a child," I kept my eyes on the newspaper. I skimmed an article about the royal family. "Louis already gave me a lecture about this and how he still sees that crazed, fourteen year old One Direction fan in me. I don't need another lecture from you."

"The only reason I'm talking to you about this is because I got a phone call from mum," Megan replied. I immediately looked up. "She told me about the article. Luckily, our neighbor let me read and borrow it because they had one."

"What about dad?"

I instantly thought about the tattoo I saw on Chase's wrist. I know that not all people who have tattoos are bad, but my dad seems to think differently. Zayn has a lot of tattoos and my dad hates him. And Zayn is now legally a member of the Daniels family because he married Megan.

"He knows about it," Megan answered. I closed the newspaper and pushed it towards her. "I honestly don't care if you like thus guy or not. He does look pretty cute in this picture." She looked down at the article, which was on the first page, and stared at the picture. "Was he nice?"

"Yeah," I replied. "Chase is his name."

Megan smiled. "I like that name. From looking at these two pictures the paps put in, I'm guessing you had a fun night?"

"With Chase, yes. With Louis and Niall, no," I answered. Megan laughed. "We went to McDonald's on our way home, and Louis swears he is never going to McDonald's at night ever again. Too many creeps."

"That reminds me; George called," Megan said. She turned the page. "He called the flat, which is strange because nobody ever calls the flat. Everyone who rings in and needs to contact us, does it through cell phones." Megan looked up at me. "He left a voicemail. It's still there on the answering machine if you want to listen."

"Thank you, Megan, for bringing George back into my mind," I got up.

"You're welcome!" Megan called as I walked into the living room. Zayn still had the two girls on his lap, eating cereal out of small bowls. They didn't use spoons. They used their fingers.

"Good morning, Laura," Zayn smiled looking at me. "Fun night last night?" Zayn winked.

"Shut up," I laughed, making my way over to the answering machine. I hear my two nieces gasp.