Chapter Fifty Three

{A/N : Dedicated to @Newfie_Directioner, because tomorrow is her birthday! Happy birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day! Enjoy the chapter, and sorry for the very long wait!}

Chapter Fifty Three :

Kyla's P.O.V

"I don't know what to do. Mom, please help?"

I heard my mother laugh on the otherside of the phone.

I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh. "How can you find this funny?" I walked to the otherside of the apartment where the window was. The window revealed the city of London. I stared through it, looking at the world outside. Cars filled the streets while people occupied the sidewalks. "This is a no laughing matter, mother."

"Excuse me," my mom began. "Did you just call me mother?"

"I'm trying to get you to see that this is a serious matter by saying serious things," I replied. I crossed my arms, still holding the phone up to my ear. "That way you can become serious with me."

"Calling me mother sounds like you're saying I'm old rather than trying to get me to become serious."

"So you admit that you're not being serious right now?"

My mother let out a sigh. "The only advice I can give you is to talk to him. I've never been in this type of situation befor-"

"Mom, how can I talk to him when he doesn't want to talk me?" I interrupted. "Besides, he isn't even here right now. He left this morning without saying anything to me."

"If you don't like my advice, talk to your friends."

"I talked to Zayn but that wasn't much help because of Megan."

"Talk to Aria then."

"I already tried calling her twice, but it goes straight to her voice mail," I sighed. I stepped away from the window and turned my back towards it. "It's almost like she's ignoring  me on purpose."

"Maybe she's busy," my mom guessed. "You also have more friends than Aria, so try talking to them. Or Niall's band mates. You're friends with them, right?"

"Yeah, but-"

"You're father is calling for me. He's trying to do the laundry, and I'm pretty sure the basment is drowned in water, detergent, and clothes right now," my mother chuckled. I tried to laugh or smile but neither came. "Promise me you'll talk to Niall?" {A/N : Speaking of Niall, his voice just came on the radio because You & I came on. <3}

"Promise," I closed my eyes while taking in a deep breath. "I'll call you later, mom. Say hi to dad for me...please?"

"Will do," I could hear a smile in her voice. Her voice went softer as she spoke again. "I love you, sweetheart. Things will get better. Just lift your head up and stay positive. Okay?"

"Okay," I finally smiled. It was small, but it still counted as a smile. "I love you, too, mom. Hopefully I can come visit soon. Bye."

"Good bye, sweetheart," my mom said, concluding our conversation. I opened my eyes and took the phone away from my ear. I stared at the screen before turning it off and slipping it into the back pocket of my skinny jeans.

I walked into the kitchen and opened the pantry, searching for a snack. My eyes stopped when I saw a package of goldfish crackers. I grabbed the package, and set it down on the counter. I took a bowl out of one of the cupboards and poured the goldfish crackers into it like I was pouring cereal. I closed the package of goldfish crackeres and returned them to the pantry.