Chapter Fifty Four

Chapter Fifty Four :

Laura's P.O.V

"Laura!"

I looked up from my phone to see Edward.

Edward was one of the people I worked with. He had been working with me since my first photo shoot and along the way we became friends. He was a great person to talk to and joke around with. The last time I saw him he had accidently dyed his hair blue, thanks to his girlfriend and my hair stylist, but it now looks like his natural hair color came back, which was a dark brown.

"It's so good to see you!" Edward walked up to me and I slid my phone into the back pocket of my trousers. Edward pretended to kiss my cheeks, then grabbed my hands. "How was the tour?"

"Amazing!" I smiled, remembering how fun it was performing in North America and meeting a few of my North American fans. "I didn't trip onstage at all during any of my performances."

"But you did during your sound checks," Zayn muttered beside me. I took a quick glance at him so I could send him a glare, but he beat me to it by sending me a smirk.

"Oh! You brought one of your friends! How lovely," Edward said, turning away from me so he could look at the person standing next to me. Zayn froze in his spot. "Who are--wait, it can't be...," Pierre looked back over at me. "You should have warned me that you were bringing him!"

"Why?" I was confused.

"I look like a peasent standing near him," Edward explained. He let go of my hands, took a step back, and motioned up to his hair. "I mean, look at my hair!"

I rolled my eyes. "Your hair looks fine."

"Fine isn't going to get me anywhere in life," Edward crossed his arms. He glanced over at Zayn before focusing on me again. "Zayn could leave the house with bed hair and clothes that haven't been washed in days, and still look like the sexiest man the world has ever seen. Whereas I would look like a train wreck. Heck, I look like a train wreck even when I do take more than two hours to do my hair and wear clean clothes!"

"Your acting like Zayn intimidates you."

"He does intimidate me."

I let out a sigh. "Edward-"

"Laura!" I turned my head to see who called my name. I smiled when I saw it was Anastasia, one of my favorite stylists. "There you are! Looking amazing as always!" Anastasia came closer to me and gave me a hug. I hugged back. The two of us pulled away and she looked at Zayn. "I see that you brought my favorite member of One Direction with you, but that's not what we need to talk about now. What we need to talk about is your hair."

"Zayn?" I looked over at my brother-in-law. He looked very uncomfortable being here. I don't blame him. Anastasia and Edwards can turn almost anything into an awkward situation. "I have to get my hair done for the shoot. Do you want to come with, or...?"

"He can come! I don't mind the extra company," Anastasia joked as she sent a wink into Zayn's direction. Zayn's eyes grew wide and I could hear him swallow. He looked away from us.

Zayn opened his mouth, but I interrupted him. 

"You don't really have a choice," I said. I grabbed his hand. "You're coming with us, Malik, whether you like it or not!" I laughed with Anastasia as the three of us made our way to the dressing room. I let go of Zayn's hand, and made my way over to the chair that was sat in front of a gigantic mirror. "You can take out the braids if you want, Ana."

I sat down and Anastasia put her hands on my shoulders. 

"Your hair looks gorgeous as it is, but it won't work for the photo shoot, I'm afraid," Anastasia frowned. She took her hands off my shoulders and began taking the braids out. My halo braid was gone. She set the pins down on the table in front of me. "Do you want big curls or small curls?"