Chapter Fifty

Chapter Fifty :

Kyla's P.O.V

Niall frowned. "You found the ring."

I opened my mouth to reply, but quickly changed my words once my brain functioned what he just said. "Ring? What ring?"

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about," Niall glared. He looked down at the carpet, shaking his head. "I should have hid it somewhere else. This is all my fault. It was supposed to be a surprise."

"Niall, I seriously have no idea what you're talking about," I put down the crayon I was holding in my hand, and pushed my drawing to the side. "Why are you talking about rings and how you should have hid it-oh." I stopped myself before I could continue. I then looked down to the carpet, and began to pick at if with my fingers. "I was just asking a random question, because I've been thinking a lot about having a baby. I didn't find any rings, and I didn't know that you hid one until now."

From the corner of my eye I saw Niall look up. I was nervous to look at him, so I kept my focus on the carpet. The twins were still coloring, ignoring our conversation. They probably weren't interested in listening to it.

"I'm going to make a call to someone," Niall said quietly. He stood up. I looked up just in  time to see him leave the room. He walked into our bedroom, and the door shut quietly behind him.

I focused my attention over to Zara and Arianna. The two girls didn't seem to notice that Niall got up. The room was quiet. All you could hear, if you listened closely, was the sound of crayons being scribbled onto paper and quiet breaths.

I reached for my phone. Scrolling through my contacts, I stopped at my mother's number. I was about to call her when I began to have second thoughts. Should I call Aria instead? Or should I call Audrey? My sister could probably understand my situation and help me, even though she doesn't like Niall that much.

I closed my eyes and randomly picked a number. I put the phone up to my ear and impatiently waited for someone to pick up.

Finally, after a few seconds, a voice came through my phone.

"Hello?"

Megan's P.O.V

"I think I'm going to just get these," I said to Zayn, holding up the items I was about to purchase.

He nodded. "I'll wait here."

I gave him a smile before turning around, and entering the line to check out. I rocked on my heels, waiting for the person in front of me to pay for whatever they were buying, when I heard my phone's ringtone go off. I quickly dug through my purse, pulling the device out, and accepting the call without looking to see who it was.

"Hello?"

"Is this Megan Daniels?" a female voice entered my ear.

"Um, yeah, this is Megan Daniels," I replied, confused as to why the person on the other side of the phone call asked that. "Why?"

"This is Melissa Evans, a talent agent who specializes in acting," the lady said. "I came across your file, and I am impressed by your acting. You're a very talented young actress. How would you like it if I offered you a role in a movie?"

The person in front of me purchased their items and walked out of the line. I took their place, setting my things down on the counter.

"Is this all?" the cashier asked.

I nodded, and went back to my phone call. "Shouldn't I at least audition first and know what the movie is about before I agree to your offer?"

"The actress we originally had quit before we started filming," Melissa replied. "We currently have two other ladies wanting the part, and I came across your profile a few minutes ago, and think you would be perfect for the part! So what do you say, are you in or not?"