Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven w/ a suprise... :

Kyla's P.O.V

I gripped Niall's hand a little harder as we got closer to the building that we were heading to. My heart was beating a little faster, and I could feel as if I could faint at any moment.

"Nervous?" Niall asked, sensing that I was acting a little uncomfortable. I nodded, and he gave me a warm smile, "Don't be."

"That will be hard," I said, "I've only done something like this once, and they didn't hire me."

"They're only a fool if they don't hire you," Niall tried to make me feel a little better, but it wasn't working.

We were currently walking along the side walk to get to a job interview for myself. It was at a preschool centre, and it was only a few blocks down from where Niall and I lived, so why not just walk instead of wasting gas by driving?

By the time we got there, which only took about fifteen minutes, I was getting really nervous. What if they didn't hire me? What if they hired me just because I was dating Niall Horan? What if they looked down on me because I was only twenty one? All the 'what ifs...' were driving me insane. Niall gave my hand a little squeeze.

"Stop doubting yourself and being nervous. You'll do fine, princess," Niall gave me another warm smile, but it didn't help. I gave a nervous, fake smile in return, and I walked into the building with Niall right by my side. There was a small wooden desk sitting in the center of the small room, and it reminded me of the dentist office I would go to as a kid, that was how I met Aria. There were plastic chairs on the left side of the room, with small tables in between every two. Coloring books, crayons, and stories by the one and only Dr. Suess filled up the tables. On the other side of the room, there was a bulletin board with the upcoming events that were coming up. Two comfy chairs were placed on each side of where the bulletin board was, and the table in between them were some magazines and fliers.

"Um, I'm Kyla Martin," I said walking over to the desk. Niall stayed a few steps behind, and was studying the bulletin board, "I'm here for the job interview?"

The lady, who looked to be in her early thirties, looked up and gave me a huge grin, "We've been expecting you. Why don't you take a seat, and I'll call you when it's time for your interview?"

I nodded, and turned back around. I sat down in one of the comfy chairs, and Niall sat down next to me.

"I have to wait," I began playing with my fingers as I looked down at my lap, "They're not ready for me yet."

Niall didn't say anything, but gave a small nod.

"You're not going to stay, are you?" I looked up and rose an eyebrow. Niall turned to look at me and shrugged.

"If you want me to."

"You don't have to. I don't want to waste your day by having you wait here in a child's center."

"It's fine," Niall said, "I can just wait here for support."

"Niall, you don't have-" I didn't get to finish my sentence because someone cut me off.

"Kyla Martin?" I turned around to see a lady that was a little older than the lady at the desk by a few years standing in the doorway of what seemed to be where the children were. She gave me a small smile, "We're ready for you."

"Okay," I stood up, and walked up to her. She closed the door behind us, and guided me down the small hallway. The walls were decorated in paintings; rainbows, unicorns, teddy bears-anything that was childish.

"Over here is where the toddlers play," the woman pointed over to a door with a window on it. I took a glance inside. It looked a little bit like the daycare in Toy Story 3, but a little more peaceful with no toys taking over the place, "And over here is my office. If you continue down the hallway, it will take you to the break room, the room where the older children play, and the door that takes you outside to the playground."