Chapter Sixty Seven

Chapter Sixty Seven  w/ note :

It was November 24th. I was wandering the airport with Kyla while Harry and Niall went off looking for our luggage. I sat down on one of the benches near the exit of the airport, waiting for my husband and one of my best friends to return back with suitcases. Kyla stood beside me, arms crossed. I let out a sigh, which ended up turning into a yawn.

"I am so tired. I hope my mom didn't remodel my room into a studio of some sort because I would really like to sleep in my bed. I haven't slept in it for ages," I closed my eyes, leaning my head back on the bench. Kyla let out a quiet laugh. "I also hope she isn't home when we arrive there."

"Aria, she's your mom."

"Yeah, and?" I opened one eye. 

Kyla sat down next to me. She placed her hands on her knees, looking to the tiled floor. "A mom cares for you. She carries you in her stomach for nine months, sometimes less or more, and watches you grow up into a beautiful flower. You once started as a seed, and now you're breathing in the sun, colorful and tall. I guess that's the greatest accomplishment of being a father or mother. Watching your baby seed grow into an adult flower."

I closed my eye once again. "Kyla, you have a mom who you saw everyday. She made breakfast, made dinner, went to school open houses, showed up for school plays...my mom did none of that. I doubt she knows how to make anything except for the microwavable food, like those frozen TV dinners that contain mashed potatoes and Salisbury steaks. Who knows, maybe she can't even work a microwave. She had enough money to hire people to cook her five star meals every day and night."

"Aria, seriously. Stop this," Kyla said. "At least try to reconnect with your mom."

"How can I reconnect when we never connected?"

"Just act happy and nice around her."

"My mom and I will never have a relationship like the one you have with your mom, Kyla. Please stop trying to motivate me to make the first step," I opened my eyes, and did the best I could to turn and look at her. "My mom was the one who decided to be a fashion designer. She chose to spend her life in airplanes and watching models wear her clothes on runways instead of choosing to spend her life at home and watching her kids grow up."

Kyla frowned. "Fine. I'll stop."

"Thank you."

Harry and Niall both returned twenty minutes later. They were riding on one of the airport cars. It looked like a golf cart. Kyla laughed as Niall beeped the horn, signaling us to get on with them.

"Fancy entrance," Kyla commented.

"Security let us borrow it because we were almost mobbed by fans," Niall explained. Harry got off the cart, and grabbed my hand gently. I raised an eyebrow.

"At first I thought you two went comepletely crazy, and decided to steal the vehicle," I confessed with a smile. Harry laughed. He helped me stand up, and I let out another yawn.

"Tired?" Harry asked.

I nodded, laying my head on his shoulder.

Kyla stood up as well, and exchanged looks with all of us.

"Are we going to walk out or ride this?" she asked.

"Ride in style of course," Niall said.

"All aboard," Harry walked over to the cart, and I sat down in the front seat next to Niall, the driver, while Harry and Kyla both sat in the back. I laughed, thinking this was still a crazy idea even though they didn't steal it.