Chapter Forty

{A/N : Just so you guys know...I have no idea where these chapters are going. I'm just writing whatever comes to mind..sorry if it's lame.}

Chapter Forty :

Megan's P.O.V

"Are you sure you can watch the girls on your own?"

"I'm their father. Of course I can take care of them."

"But by yourself?" I turned to face him after putting my earrings in. "This is probably the first time you were here with them alone."

"I can take care of them," Zayn grabbed my coat and helped me with my coat. "They're in good hands. Don't worry."

"If you need help, I'm just a phone call away," I said grabbing my purse. "I called Lou and she said she'll come over with Lux later. That way Zara and Ariana have someone to play with if they get bored with you."

"Why would they get bored of me?" Zayn asked.

"I don't know. I'm just scared that the flat will burn down, and-"

"Why would that happen? I promise I have everything under control," Zayn pecked me on the lips. "I love you. Good luck."

"I love you, too," I opened the door. "Like I said, I'm only a phone call away, and-"

"And Lou is coming over with Lux soon, and feed the twins lunch when they get hungry."

"If they're not hungry by one, cook something and give it to them. But if you're scared you may blow up the kitchen, there's-"

"Meg, listen to me. I'll be fine. The girls are going to he fine. Stop worrying," Zayn said. I took in a deep breath and let it out. "You're going to be late if you don't leave now."

"I know. I love you," I opened the door. "I'll be back soon."

"Love you, too. Bye, Meg."

"Bye, Zayn."

I walked down to the elevator. When I got in, I pulls out my phone and called Lou.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Lou. It's Megan."

"Hey, Meg. What's up?"

"Nothing much. How are you and Tom?"

"We're doing good. Having a day alone together, since Lux is having a play date with Heidi."

"Cool. Um, could you stop by my flat around one?"

"Sure. Why?"

"I left Zayn alone with the kids because I have to go to a casting call," I replied. "I told him you were coming over, and-"

"You want me to make sure everything is going fine. Got it," I heard Lou laugh quietly. "Good luck with your casting call, Meg. Bye."

"Thanks, Lou. Bye."

The elevator doors opened. I walked out of the lift, and made my way over to the doors to leave the building. I waved over a taxi and got in. I told the cab driver where to go, and paid him in advance. I stared out the window while the radio played.

All I am is a man
I want the world in my hands
I hate the beach
But I stand
In California with my toes in the sand
Use the sleeves of my sweater
Let's have an adventure
Head in the clouds but my gravity's centered
Touch my neck and I'll touch yours
You in those little high waisted shorts, oh

I pulled out my phone and began a game of Temple Run, humming along to the song that was playing.

She knows what I think about
And what I think about
One love, two mouths
One love, one house
No shirt, no blouse
Just us, you find out
Nothing that I wouldn't wanna tell you about, no