Chapter Fifty One

Chapter Fifty One :

"Good morning, Aria."

I turned around to see Anne. She came into the kitchen and sent me a smile as she walked over to the cupboard to grab a mug. Anne walked up next to me.

"How are you this morning?"

"Good," I replied, stirring the sugar in my coffee. "I haven't thrown up at all yet, which I'm happy about. I made coffee," I pointed over to the coffee pot. "You can have some if you like. I just woke up a few minutes ago and made it."

"Don't mind if I do," Anne walked over to the coffee pot and poured some into her mug. "Have you talked to your father yet today?"

"No," I took the spoon out of my cup. I wrapped my hands around the mug as I brought it up to my lips to take a sip. I held the mug by the handle as I brought it away from my mouth. "He's probably still sleeping and eating breakfast at the hotel."

"Hotel?"

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. My father booked a hotel, and he's staying there while he visits. My brother hasn't responded to any of my texts this morning, and I don't want to wake my dad, so I haven't tried calling him," I answered. "I also don't think my dad bought the phone plan to use his phone in another country. So it would be a waste to call him when his phone doesn't work."

Anne nodded. She took a drink out of her mug. "What about Harry?"

"I haven't seen him at all this morning..." my voice trailed off. I looked away from Anne and down at my coffee. "He left a text, saying he was going to meet Louis this morning. I haven't heard from him since then."

"Well, I guess it's a girls' morning instead of a girls' night," Anne joked. I laughed, and I took another drink from my coffee. "Do you want me to make breakfast? I can make eggs, or maybe-"

"You don't have to, Anne," I interrupted her. "You're the guest. I should be the one making the food while you stay here."

"It will be my treat to make breakfast," Anne set her mug of coffee down. "Now, would you like eggs and bacon? Or would you prefer pancakes?"

"Anne, you don't have to make me breakfast."

"But I want to," she replied. She turned around and began opening up cabinets. "Also, I'm very hungry myself. Do you know where you keep your pancake mix?"

"It's on the cabinet to the left."

I made my way over to the kitchen table while Anne prepared pancakes for the two of us. I sat down in one of the chairs. I let out a small sigh as I watched Anne get out all of the ingredients, helping her whenever she didn't know where something was. When she was done, she brought a stack full to the table. She also carried over two plates and some silverware.

Anne sat down in the seat across from me. "I forgot the syrup."

"It's in the fridge," I told her as she stood up to retrieve the maple syrup. I took three of the pancakes on the main dish and plopped them down on my own. Anne brought back the maple syrup, which I used to smother my pancakes. The two of us ate quietly, making short conversations here and there.

When the two of us were done we did the dishes. I washed while Anne dried them with a towel. I then put the plates and silverware away before meeting Anne out in the living room. I took a seat beside her on the couch.

"Have you heard anything from Gemma?" I asked.

"She's thinking about visiting," Anne replied. "She's very excited about becoming an aunt. I talked to her last night on the phone."