Chapter Thirty Nine

Chapter Thirty Nine :

"I've seen this menu so many times, yet I never know what I want," Kyla said opening up the menu the waiter left. "Aria, what are you getting?"

"My usual," I closed the menu.

"Thank you for a specific answer," Kyla rolled her eyes. I laughed. "Anne, what are you getting?"

"Not sure...maybe I'll get my usual, too," Anne looked up from the menu and winked at Kyla. Anne and I both shared a laugh while Kyla shook her head at us.

"To be honest with the two of you, I'm not really fond of this place," Kyla said quietly.

I gasped. "But you're dating Niall Horan."

Kyla laughed.

"I'm joking. I know you're not a huge fan of Nandos," I said tapping my nails on the table. "But I like Nandos, and it's the only place I could think of when I thought about lunch."

"I'm surprised we didn't run into any fans," Kyla said, closing her menu. "Usually we run into at least two fans."

"Maybe because the boys aren't with us," I shrugged.

"Whenever I go out, I usually end up running into fans and they start confessing their love for my son," Anne came into the conversation. "I love the fans. They're sweet, caring, and they got One Direction to where they are today; but they're so annoying with just popping out of nowhere and demanding a picture."

"I'm also surprised that we didn't come across any paparazzi yet," Kyla added. "But they usually disguise themselves and what not so we won't notice."

"I bet someone took our picture and it will end up going into one of those popular teen magazines," I said. "Probably with the caption 'Harry's girlfriend and Niall's girlfriend go shopping with Harry's mother'."

Anne and Kyla laughed.

"It's true. Magazines never put our names into it, unless the boys say it in an interview or it's an article about their personal lives."

"It feels weird knowing that there's someone in the world who stalks you," Kyla said.

I smiled, agreeing with her. "Yeah. I didn't sign up for any of this."

Anne laughed. "Imagine how the boys feel. They just want to sing and make music."

"But they constantly have someone following them wherever they go."

The waiter came over a few minutes later and took our orders. He brought out our drinks ten minutes later, saying our food was going to be out soon. Kyla and Anne got absorbed into a conversation with each other while I decided to use the restroom.

"Aria!"

I was so close to the bathroom. Doesn't the person who called out my name know that I really have to pee?

I turned to the direction where the voice called me from. It was Charlie and her brother. I walked over to their table. "Hey, Charlie. Hi, Luis."

"Hello," Luis said as he played with the straw in his drink.

"I didn't expect to see you here. What are you up to this fine day?" Charlie asked in a fake, posh accent.

"Shopping, shopping, taking a break for lunch at Nandos, then MORE shopping. How about you?" I replied.

"Starbucks, shopping, shopping, lunch here, more shopping, then a twitcam," Charlie answered. "Who are you with?"

"Kyla and Anne."