Chapter Fifty Two

Chapter Fifty Two :

Laura's P.O.V

I yawned and smacked the snooze button on the alarm clock sitting on my nightstand. I opened my eyes and snuggled deeper under my duvet before closing my eyes again. I probably had my eyes closed for less than a minute when there was a knock on my bedroom door.

"Laura, are you awake?"

I opened my eyes and looked at the door. "No."

"I made pancakes for breakfast," the voice belonged to Megan.

"Are you trying to bribe me with pancakes to get me out of bed?" I asked.

The door opened. I hissed at the light coming in from the hallway. Megan rolled her eyes and stepped into the room, keeping her right hand on the door knob. She had her hair tied up into a bun. I watched her brush stray pieces of hair behind her ear.

"In five minutes it will be noon," Megan said. "You need to get up and out of bed."

"Why?" I asked. "Can't I just sleep all day?"

"You need to get some fresh air," Megan took her hand off the door knob and flickered on the light switch. I covered my head with my duvet. "Get up."

"I can't when you have the light on," I mumbled. "It's too bright."

"Get dressed and come to the kitchen for breakfast, because you have a photo shoot today and a meeting with your agent," Megan ignored what I said about the light. I heard her walk away, and peaked my head out from under the blankets. I rolled my eyes when I saw that she didn't close the door behind her. Was it that hard to do?

I let out a sigh and rolled over so that my back was laying on the mattress. I stared up at the ceiling. I breathed in and out as I threw the blankets off of me. I sat up and turned my body. I cringed as my feet touched the cold floor. I stood up and crouched onto my knees to look for my slippers. They were hiding under my bed. I slipped them on, and walked to my closet. I crossed my arms after opening the doors and studied the clothing hanging on hangers. I turned around to see what time was shown on my alarm clock. I threw my head back and walked over to my bedroom door. I closed it shut with a kick of my food, and made my way back over to my closet.

After getting dressed, I quickly did my hair. All I did brush it and wrapped two plaits around the top of my head so that it looked like a braided headband or halo.

I made my way to the kitchen, and grabbed a banana out of the fruit basket. I peeled some of the peel off and took a bite. I turned around when I heard someone come into the kitchen.

It was Zayn.

"Look who finally came out of her room," Zayn smirked. "Get tired of sleeping?"

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes. "Megan came into my room and ruined my beauty sleep."

Zayn laughed.

"And you love sleep, too, so don't make fun of me," I defended myself as I took another bite of my banana and peeled the peel down farther. Zayn walked over to the fridge. "Where is my Megan?"

"Getting the girls ready," Zayn replied with his back turned to me as he looked for something in the fridge. "Why?"

"She said she made pancakes," I frowned. "There's no pancakes here."

"Guess she lied," Zayn shrugged. He closed the door to the fridge and turned around, holding a bottle of water. I watched him set it down on the counter. "You are a busy person today."

"I know," I took another bite of my banana. "And I don't like it."

"Don't talk with your mouth full. It's gross."