Chapter Sixty Nine

{A/N : Status; currently obsessing over The Librarians to the point where I want it to be the theme of my birthday party.}

Chapter Sixty Nine w/ note :

Kyla's P.O.V

Audrey's friends left an hour after her dash upstairs. I sat with Niall on the couch watching the rest of the Will & Grace marathon without any bowl of pistachios on the coffee table or a girl sat near me with a bag of chocolate covered raisons.

"I have to go," Hailey said once sixty minutes passes. She stood up and fixed the rollings on her shirt's sleeves. "My brother is supposed to pick me up at 6:30 but I live down the street. I can walk. Great seeing you two. Hang out later, hopefully?"

"Maybe," I smiled.

Hailey smiled back. She grabbed her purple Adidas sports bag that was near the door and slipped on a colorful pair of shoes before leaving. Grace and Rosa were next. They left directly at 6:30 because there was a car horn beeping outside.

"That's my mom," Grace hopped to see who it was through the window. "She's picking Rosa and me up. Nice meeting you, Kyla. Nice meeting you, Niall. Like Hailey said, maybe we could hang out again? But next time watch Seinfeld or Friends because even though I love Will & Grace, there are other old shows out there."

"I like Friends," Rosa said.

"Friends it is," Grace brushed some stray pieces of red hair out from her eyes. Rosa and Grace both said their good byes before taking their backpacks, slipping on pairs of their own colorful shoes, and walking out the door.

I cuddled into Niall. He didn't really say anything since Audrey's outburst. Speaking of Audrey, my mother also hasn't come back downstairs from trying to let herself into Audrey's room by knocking countless times on the wood. My dad even came up from the basement to prepare dinner. I don't know what he was currently doing in the kitchen, but it sounded like he knew exactly what he was doing with all the sounds of pans and pots.

"Is my sister getting to you?" I asked.

"Why would you ask that?" Niall replied with a question. I shrugged and proceeded onto telling him it was because he was acting a little strange.

"You're being quiet. You only made about three comments when Audrey's friends were here," I replied. "I didn't know if she was actually getting to you. If it helps, which I don't think it does, I don't know why she doesn't like you."

"She apparently doesn't like you either."

"She only said what she said because I'm the older sister and we're still in that phase where even being in the same planet annoys us," I said with a small smile. "There was a time when we were besties, which was back around the time she was born. I played tea party and school with her. Then one day we both snapped, and we've been trying to ignore each other ever since."

"How old is she again?"

"Eighteen. She's still in high school, her last year, then moves off to college. My mom hasn't told me where she's been accepted to yet or if she sent out any applications," I said. "But she is an honor roll student and apparently a soccer star of her school. Maybe you two can bond over that."

I closed my eyes but my eye lids reopened when I heard the voice of my mother and the sound of her footsteps coming down the stairs.

"I don't know anymore," I heard her say to my father. "She's not saying anything or opening the door. I'm a horrible mother."