How I Became A Directioner

How I Became A Directioner :

Last night I tweeted some of my directioner confessions on twitter, my mentions were exploding with people retweeting them and favoriting, and then when I woke up this morning after telling 1D thank you for three years, I thought it would be cool to share with everyone how I found out about the boys and became a fan.

Once upon a time...

I don't know the exact date I found out about One Direction, but I do know it was sometime in 2011. Mostly towards the end of the year. That was the same year I attended a Big Time Rush concert. Now you're probably all like, "Why do you go to a Big Time Rush concert?"

Well, I used to love Big Time Rush. That's a huge shocker right there, but I did. I was in love with the Jonas Brothers in elementary school and when Kevin, Joe, and Nick were going down hill, I had nothing to listen to. I basically had to dedicate my life to a boy band, and the only other band I knew of at the time was Big Time Rush. I basically liked them for a few months, and I sort of regret it...but I did like going to the concert for Big Time Rush, because they're really good performers. But they're nothing like One Direction at concerts.

Anyway, most magazines in America never talked about One Direction, so I knew nothing about them and I had no clue who they were. Magazines were basically my life when I was younger. I was obsessed with reading them. I would read Popstar, J-14, Bop, and TigerBeat. But one day I saw a magazine with them in it (I still remember the exact picture, too) and it was only one page dedicated to them. It was a small interview up on the top with the picture, and on the bottom there was a quiz that let you know what band was for you; One Direction, Big Time Rush, or Mindless Behavior. I took it and guess what I got...

One Direction.

I think it was fate or something, but I didn't really understand the fate thing and because I 'liked' Big Time Rush, I felt like I had to hate them. Like, in a way, I thought they were copy cats of Big Time Rush. And just so you know, this was before I knew about the X-Factor and video diaries. I feel ashamed for thinking that, because One Direction and Big Time Rush are nothing alike. Big Time Rush are four American boys that auditioned to be in a Nickelodeon band while One Direction all auditioned as solo artists for the X-Factor and were put into a band at boot camp.

Also, I thought One Direction was a band that all played instruments (almost like 5SOS or Maroon 5) and I thought 'the blonde one' was the lead singer. After a while, I learned their names. This was when I was growing out of the BTR phase. I first knew who Harry was and who Liam was. I knew Harry first, because he was the one everyone seemed to talk about. I sort of thought Harry was stuck up and self centered when I saw a picture of him in a magazine, and again, I'm ashamed for thinking that; because Harry is really down to Earth and after watching the video diaries I mentally slapped myself for thinking that.

I found out who Liam was when watching something on Nickelodeon. It was an interview, and after every commercial break they would answer one question and go back to the show that was airing. The one I actually paid attention to was the "What do you look for in a girl?" or something like that, and Liam answered by saying a girl who is shy, but really outgoing when she is with friends. That made me like him and pay more attention to 1D because I'm like exactly what he said. Because if you know me, I'm very shy and I don't talk to anyone. I'm always the quietest one in the class room and people in my classes would pretend to act all freaked out when I said 'Hello' back to them. But if you're friends with me, like really close like Rae, you know I never shut up and I'm very annoying. Annoying because I spam my friends on Facebook a lot. Haha :)

Anyway...

Liam and Harry were the only ones I knew the names of, but then after a week I found out the other boys' names. I am one of the few who pronounced Louis' name right. I always feel proud for doing so, because I knew they were from Europe and I thought they were very posh because they were British. Before I carry on, I would like to say that I did not forget about Niall in that sentence; I truly thought he was British during the first month of liking the boys.