Chapter Forty Six

Chapter Forty Six :

Laura's P.O.V

I walked out of the complex with gloves on my hands, a purse dangling from my shoulder, and my black coat buttoned up all the way. I wore a scarf around my neck, readjusting it as I walked down the sidewalk. The maroon colored scarf was comfortable around my neck, and the fabric used to make it was soft. It was sure to keep me warm from the cool wind.

If you haven't already guessed it yet, it was cold outside. Normal London weather for October.

Before I left the flat, I checked on my phone what the temperature was. The highest it was supposed to get up to today was 4 degrees Celsius, so I wouldn't need my scarf wrapped around my neck as tight as I currently had it later on.

As I walked, I repeated the words in the text message Chase sent me earlier.

Meet me at the Malcom's Café at 11.

I have never heard of Malcom's Café before. I had to google where it was after checking the temperature, and it wasn't that far away from where I lived with Zayn, Megan, and the twins. By reading one of the links that Google had to offer, the place was a small business, and considered "better than Starbucks" according to whoever wrote the website.

A ring of a bell sounded when I opened the door to the café.

"Laura!"

I smiled. "Hi, Dom."

"Glad you could make it," Dom returned the smile, and walked up to me. I was surprised he didn't envelope me in a hug or something, because of yesterday's finding of him being obsessed with my sister and Niall. "How are you?"

"I'm good..." I said slowly, taking in the place.

A glass counter was placed behind Dom, and behind the counter was a girl wearing a white apron. I'm guessing she's an employee here. In front of her was a cash register, and inside the counter there were some pastries. Tables that only sat two were placed all around us, and matched the chairs that were paired up with them. A small stage was set up on the left side of the café.

"Where's Chase?" I asked. I didn't feel like asking Dom how he was.  

"He's in the back," Dom put his hands into his jean pockets. "He should be out soon."

I nodded, and continued looking around. A girl, maybe about my sister's age, sat at one of the tables by herself, scrolling through her phone, and a bored and miserable expression was plastered on her face. She seemed to be the only other person here besides us and the worker.

"That's Chase's older sister," Dom motioned over to the girl. "She's kind of crazy."

"And you're kind of stupid. Oh, wait; you're really stupid," Chase's sister smirked, looking up from her phone and staring at the two of us. "Whose this?"

"You don't know who this is?" Dom's eyes grew wide. "You have to be kidding me right now, Emily. She is the sister of-"

"Megan Daniels, who is your future wife in your dreams, but not in reality because she's with Zayn Malik from One Direction," Chase's sister finished for him. Dom sent her a glare, making her stick her tongue out at him. She motioned us over to her. "Come sit."

The two of us did as told, and sat down. Dom pulled a chair from a table near by, and brought it up to the table Chase's sister and I were currently sitting at.

"So, you're the famous Laura Daniels my brother has been talking nonstop about..." the girl turned off her phone and set it down. "Nice to meet you. I'm Emily."