Chapter Forty Five

Chapter Forty Five :

"How come you didn't meet me at  Nandos yesterday?"

"Something came up. Macy's parents offered to take me out for lunch with them, and I didn't want to be rude and say no. Then I had to make a video for my channel, and-"

"When are you going to get a real job?" I asked. "You can't make videos for a YouTube channel forever, Alexander."

"I love making them, so why not?" Alexander retorted.

"Because it isn't...it's not...a YouTuber isn't a job."

"You don't have a job."

"I'm pregnant."

"So?" Alexander retorted. I imagined him rolling his eyes, or maybe if he was here in front of me, a look that read 'are you being serious?'. "I'm taking online college courses. That way later in the future I have a degree or something to get a job."

"But what you're doing now isn't a serious job."

"Have you told mom and dad yet?" Alexander said, ignoring me.

"Told them what?"

"That you and Harry are expecting a child."

"Our last phone call was ages ago, so no. I haven't told mom or dad," I said walking into the living room and sitting down on the couch. I reached for the remote that was sat on the coffee table. "Have you told them they're going to have a daughter-in-law soon?"

"What?"

I turned the flat screen on, and began to flip through the channels. There was nothing good on TV at the moment. Almost everything was commercialing, and none of my favorite shows were airing at the moment.

"Did you tell dad or mom you proposed to a girl that you have been dating for a year, and just awhile ago met her parents and asked them if you could have her hand in marriage?"

"No."

His answer was simple. Though, he was hesitant a little at first. Probably feeling embaressed, or possibly regretting wanting to take it serious with Macy; a girl he met at the London Eye and started dating a few months back.

"And why not?" I tried to hide my smirk, but it didn't work. I saw Harry walk out of the bed room, and walk over to me. He sat down next to me on the sofa, watching me as I talked to my brother.

"Because my last phone call with dad ages ago, too Aria," Alexander let out sigh. "Besides, I tried calling dad, but he didn't answer. I left him a voice mail about-"

"A voice mail? Really?" I rose an eyebrow. "Mom never checks her voice mails unless it's from someone important, like a fellow designer that wants to work with her."

"I'm talking about dad, not mom," Alexander said. He sounded a little annoyed. "Anyway, I left dad a message about how-"

"Isn't he at a convention or something?" I asked, looking down at my hands.

"Stop cutting me off."

"What? I was just asking a question."

"Yeah, and I was just saying something, but you were being rude and interrupted."

"Sorry."

I wanted to do an eye roll, but couldn't. I gave Harry a small smile, and he took the remote out of my grasp. He turned his head to face the flat screen, and started to channel surf.

"As I was trying to say; I told dad that things were going good here in England. I also told him that we miss him, and-"

"Ew."