M, To Orange, To Gone

Velvet POV: 

Walking into my cell feels way colder than when we were last here. I wait for the guards to leave to question Midori if she feels it.

Velv: "Hey M, you feel tha-"

Midori squeals, looking at me excitedly as she jumps up and down. I can't help but admit that I'm gagged; I'm not used to her randomly doing that.

Midori: "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!"

I stare at her, looking at an imaginary camera to my side as if to ask the audience if I'm going crazy.

Velv: "Uh... what did I do?"

Midori: "YOU GAVE ME A NICKNAME :D"

I rack my brain for what she's talking about, realizing she's referring to me just now calling her "M."

Velv: "Oh... haha... yeahhh..."

Midori squeals again, skipping around her cell like its a field of flowers. 

Velv: "Ok, buddy... you uh... you have fun with that."

I let her do her thing, and walk to the bars at my window in an attempt to pull them out. Eventually, Midori calms down, her grunts of frustration alerting me that she's doing the same thing.

I pull until I physically can't anymore, my arms screaming to take a break. I give one last pull, thinking I've got it, as I fall onto the floor. The only problem was that I, in fact, did not have it. I hit the floor, rubbing my back gingerly as I see Midori's got another bar out.

I ignore the pain running through me as this is something to celebrate... although maybe just not too hard or with any movement at all.

Velv: "Great job, M! You just need two more!"

Midori smiles happily at me, and pushes the bar back in case the guards return. 

Slowly, I stand, my lower back sore as a squash, but oh well. I don't think the worst prison ever built has a chyro for their murderous inmates, but man, that would be nice.

I watch supportively from behind the bars, wishing I could help her since it's so much physical labor............................ but oh well, I can't. My hands are tied ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

I cheer her on quietly as she puts both feet on the wall to shift the bar loose. She hangs on and swings with all her might like a rabid monkey. If Jewels were here, I'm sure she'd go just as feral. Heck, if Veneer were here, I know he'd get right on up there with her.

Velv: "Go Midori, go. Good job, Midori... you're doing amazing, sweetie."

She pulls... until the third bar is popped out, Midori somersaulting gracefully to break the fall. She jumps up excitedly, like a fresh daisy popping from the ground. She moves in for the fourth and final bar, the pressure amping up as I know what I must do: be the best, most optimistic cheerleader I can be.

I did it in high school; I'm sure I can do it now. If I can perform sold-out stage shows, my cheering skills should be UNMATCHED!!!

Velv: "Wow... look at her go."

The bar shifts... it's almost there... yes!

Midori flies back, the last bar shooting out of the window. I scream silently, jumping up and down before my back reminds me NOT to do that.