Ch.37

Peeta's Pov

Katniss has had it rough these last couple days. I'm worried about her because just when she thought that I didn't love her she started to cut and I saw that those weren't the first ones.

What could have used to make her cut? All I know is that I need to protect her more. I need to make her feel loved again since her mother basically said, "I never loved you."

I am laying in bed right now while Katniss is still asleep on my chest. I feel her start to stir. Last night she had a nightmare.

She hasn't had a nightmare in a while now. I think that the fights with her mother triggered it. She woke up screaming at about three in the morning and didn't fall back asleep until about four thirty.

My dad, grandparents, and Jake's parents came in worried that something was happening. My father saw Katniss and I mouthed that I would explain to him later.

Katniss was worried that she woke up the house. I told her that it was fine. She didn't really believe me.

I don't think that she is going to wake up very soon. She stirs and starts to scowl. Then she makes this weird face. She moves and I let go of her.

I move her into my lap and rock her. She starts to whimper. Then she starts to kick her legs. She also. Swings her arms. She hits me in the eye.

"Katniss. Wake up." I say into her ear. She starts to speak.

"Peeta. Prim. Daddy. Finnick. Glimmer. Marvel." she says saying the name everyone in the group.

She chants that on and on.

"Kat. Your okay. Your safe. Everyone is safe." I say.

She starts to cry. What in the world could she be dreaming about?

Earlier it was just her reliving her nightmare of the day her father died.

"I'm right here. You're safe." I say.

Her eyes shoot open. She looks around the room frantically. Once her she lays her eyes on me she sighs in relief.

"Oh my god Peeta." she cries.

"What happened?" I ask.

"I was in a room. The entire group was in there and Prim and my Father. My mother had a gun. She told me to choose. I didn't choose anyone. She killed you all one by one. She saved you for last. She was so happy once you were dead." she cries into my chest.

My dad walks in the room. When he sees Katniss's state he just walks back out.

"I'm sorry." She says.

"Don't be. I love you." I say.

"I love you too." she says.

I get up to go and get ready. I walk into the bathroom. I get ready and walk downstairs.

---/---/---/---/---/---

Katniss's Pov

Peeta walks out of the bathroom and down the stairs. I walk into the bathroom.

I look into the bathroom mirror. I see a ugly worthless price of shit. I grab my razor that I always keep in my purse.

I make three cuts on my right wrist. The reason I do this is because I feel as if I don't have anyone left. My mom never cared about me. My father is dead. My sister will probably hate me soon. When Peeta finds out about this he is going to hate me also.

I take a shower and clean my wrists off. I put on a long sleeved gray crop top and black short shorts.

I leave my hair down but put a water fall braid in it. I walk out of the bathroom. Peeta is back in the room.