Ch.47

Katniss's Pov

I'm walking into the bakery with the girls. We open the door and Peeta lies there on the floor beaten to a bloody pulp.

"PEETA!" We all scream.

I rush to his side. He has no pulse. He's dead. No no no no no no. This can not be happening.

"Peeta please. please don't leave me. I need you. You can't leave me Peeta!" I cry into my hands.

"Katniss. Katniss wake up." I hear a voice say.

I continue to cry. I cry and cry and cry until I have no tears left.

I hear the voice again. "Katniss. wake up. you're safe I'm safe."

I jolt up in bed. I still have tears streaming down my face. I look over to see Peeta. He is safe.

He wraps his arms around me and whispers soothing things into my ear.

"Peeta. You were dead. That day when your mother beat you. I keep reliving it. I can't get it out of my head." I cry into his chest.

"Shhh, it's okay. I'm okay. In safe here with you and you're okay. You're safe here with me." he coos into my ear. I notice that he doesn't say that it isn't real. Probably because he knows that it is real because I keep reliving it.

I keep crying into his chest. I don't know how long I have been crying for until I fall asleep again wrapped in Peeta's warm, comforting, safe embrace.

---/---/---/---

I wake up to a pair of lips on my own. I know that they are Peeta's and I kiss back.

There is a knock on the door.

"Come in." Peeta yells.

Jake comes in. "Hey breakfast is ready." he says.

"Okay." Peeta says.

"Are you okay Katniss?" Jake asks. I nod my head.

Jake walks back out and closes the door.

Peeta pecks my lips once more and gets off of me. He extends his hand out and I take it.

"We have to go down in our pajamas." He says.

"Okay." I reply.

"Oh and I was wondering if you wanted to go on a walk later today. Maybe about three." he suggests.

"That would be lovely." I say in a fake posh accent.

He laughs as we walk out of the room. We walk downstairs and into the dinning room. We eat pancakes and eggs. It was delicious.

"Okay. Now let's see what Santa brought everyone." Grandma Mellark says.

Jocelyn and May run into the living room. The boys aren't far behind. Peeta and I walk into the living room and sit on the couch.

Peeta doesn't want to wear his boot and I'm kinda nervous about that. I mean he should wear it so he doesn't hurt it. He says that it didn't hurt so he doesn't want to wear it.

Jocelyn and May run strait to the presents and their eyes light up in excitement. They get a whole bunch of toys.

The boys get money. They each get $100.

Peeta got me a necklace that says K+P in a heart. It's also a locket. He put a picture of us smiling in one side and a picture of us kissing in the other.

Peter comes over to me. "Katniss, are you okay? You screamed a hell of a lot louder then you did during thanksgiving. Your sure you're okay?" He ask.