Chapter 835. Cecile's and Soluna's Outing.

Yasenia accompanied Cecile and Soluna until the entrance of the sect, carrying Kaleina while holding Flame's hand. The five of them took it easy, never rushing their pace.

Soluna was curious about hunting. While she was many times older than Cecile, that didn't mean they spent the time in a similar way. Usually, while cultivators were very old, they spent much of that time cultivating. Years of close-door cultivation, training, studying, etc.

For Spirits, time was not a consuming force. Their nature, shaped by their long lifespan, was not as curious as other creatures. Their existence was marked by a serene lack of urgency, a stark contrast to the rest of the world.

If anything, a spirit going to "sleep" in a place with their attribute felt abundant for years because they felt comfortable would be more common than seeing them entering a secret realm out of curiosity.

That's one of the many reasons Valeria never saw a Spirit-based power in her lifetime and was so surprised to learn about them. A spirit-based society was an unnatural thing to happen.

Similar beings with naturally long lifespans also didn't search for dominance, which is why so many intelligent beast groups lived in forests, mountains, valleys, or similar landmarks without developing a working society. They allowed themselves to be dominated by natural laws, having a leader who was usually the strongest.

So, Soluna, who had never hunted because of her lack of needing intake, was very curious about what Cecile suggested and accepted without thinking much.

Cecile gave a hug to Yasenia before leaving, and Soluna shyly approached as well, receiving one from the amused dragoness.

Cecile looked at Soluna as they flew away and spoke. "Have you ever hunted, Soluna?"

Soluna shook her head. "I know what hunting is, but I've never practiced it myself."

Cecile nodded and explained. "The objective of hunting is a bit different than that of mortals. When mortals hunt, they hunt mainly for food while also aiming for pelts and bones to create tools and clothes. We, as cultivators, also need those things, but at the same time, they aren't our priority."

Soluna hummed in understanding as they flew through the sky and asked. "So, what's the objective?"

Cecile explained, her voice keeping her usual cold tone. "It varies from person to person. Some do it to polish their strength; others to make a living off beasts' materials; few to sharpen their instincts; and many do it to get the beast cores living inside most beasts."

Soluna looked at the forest passing by below them with curious eyes. Her spiritual sense had been spread all the time, so she had spotted quite a few creatures.

As they flew, her senses made her look upward as she caught a flying beast descending toward them. Cecile looked up as well and spoke flatly. "Dodge."

Cecile's silver wings moved, and her body made a sharp lateral descent, dodging the creature.

Soluna was also quick to get out of the way as the giant flying condor missed them right in the middle.

Soluna pouted. "Ah! Why are you attacking us?"

Cecile communicated mentally. 'This one is not intelligent. He was probably attracted by our energy signatures. Beasts thrive off eating stronger and weaker monsters to improve themselves, so my bloodline should've felt very tempting.'

Soluna realized and asked. 'Is he coming for you- oh. He is.'

Soluna saw the condor make a sharp turn mid-air and follow right behind Cecile. Unsure of what to do, she asked. 'Cecile, do we kill it?'