Chapter 896. Purge.

People thought that the fight would drag out when Yasenia called only three maids to fight one of the strongest peak-level Epoch Cores. However, their expectations were completely betrayed.

Selena slithered forward, sword and shield in hand. Her speed was not terrifying, but when the peak-level Epoch Core's attack landed, everyone present was stunned.

Instead of a giant explosion, there was a muted banging sound of his fist hitting the shield, followed by nothing but a strong gale.

Selena's red lamia tail sneaked through the air at tremendous speed toward the surprised senior.

Of course, being more than ten thousand years old, he wouldn't make a basic mistake like being distracted. Agilely, he twisted and blocked Selena's attack.

The strength behind the tail lash pushed him several steps, and without a single instant of rest, a barrage of meteor-like arrows fell from the sky from all directions.

The omnidirectional attack felt like it had been shot by an army of archers. Nevertheless, the thousands of arrows streaking through the air came from a single woman who was pulling her bow with her arms seemingly blurring. Moreover, as the arrows flew, they exploded midair, multiplying and gaining strength.

The elderly wolf's face became severe as his body blurred, and he tried deflecting all the attacks.

Sadly for him, there was a third person in the enemy team.

With his attention focused on the arrows, he was a moment late to feel the terrifyingly cold chill caused by Eira unsheathing her sword.

For the spectators, it felt as if the world was suddenly divided in half by a white line.

SLASH!

The wolf man's eyes widened as his back exploded with blood, and his body was thrown flying through the shower of arrows. The combined forces were too much for his defenses, and the arrows pierced into his body in the hundreds.

As he flew through the air, Selena appeared in front of him, and her shield arm moved.

BANG!

The edge of the red lamia's shield, razor-sharp thanks to Selena's Glass affinity, divided the wolf in two, throwing the right part of the chest flying in opposite directions from the actual body.

There was a reason why this was a complete beatdown.

While their raw strength was not that much different, the maids wielded Level 8 and 9 Intents while the wolf elder used Level 5 and 6 Intents.

Continuing the chain attack, one of Clara's arrows streaked across the sky like a ray of light, suddenly increasing in brilliance and its speed multiplying several times.

BOOM!

The remaining part of the wolf was struck head-on, and this arrow managed not only to penetrate but shatter all of his internal organs and bones.

His body rag-dolled for several kilometers, eventually smashing against a distant mountain.

The three maids used their movement techniques and reappeared in front of him, wordless.

Since the beginning of the fight, their faces had been emotionless, carrying their Young Miss orders to the best of their abilities.

Still, before the finishing blow, Selena bothered speaking. "A fish born in a pond and thinking they are the biggest. Tragically, that has been your life." Then, she added. "At least, before death, I will show you new horizons. [Empyrean Battle Maid Art..."