Chapter 853. Devastating Formation Strength.

The blinding light lasted for a few seconds, and when it stopped, Angel was floating in the middle of the formation, looking skywards, while the large ball of light in the middle had visibly shrunk.

However, looking up, they could see that the 8 Heavenly Lightning Soldiers that had rushed at her had disappeared, leaving behind Heavenly Lightning Particles and 8 holes in the Tribulation Clouds above.

Andrea asked, stunned. "Why is it so strong?"

Tatyana explained the basic principles behind Angel's formation. "Angel has used amplifying formations to the limits of her current knowledge. Making use of her current strength, she was able to create a concentrated ball of pure light energy and contain it. Then, the pillars around each of the towers act like mirrors that bounce around that light while using environmental energy to amplify it. In short, the formation turns strong light beams into what you just saw."

Cecile asked. "Is this formation enough for the rest?"

Tatyana looked at the remaining 48 Heavenly Lightning Soldiers and shook her head. "I don't know. But, probably. To be honest, a Saint Inheritor struggling with the Fifth Tribulation is not something that should happen."

Angel's gaze turned away from the remains of the soldiers she just killed toward the other group and waited. Soon enough, sixteen Heavenly Lightning Tribulation Soldiers descended next, and the formation below Angel came to life again.

The formation bounced around the several light beams in an ephemeral light show that transformed into sixteen devastating pillars of light that illuminated the darkness once more.

WHOOOM!

The buzzing sound of the light searing everything in its path made the air vibrate and created ominous death sounds.

Once the blinding light disappeared, another sixteen spots with lightning tribulation remains appeared, showcasing the formation's ridiculous firepower.

However, the people who were paying attention and managed not to be awestruck by Angel's might realized that the formation under Angel had gained several cracks while the sphere of light had shrunk by a third.

Cecile was one of those who paid attention and asked. "Will it last?"

Tatyana smiled. "Good eyes. And, well, that's what I was thinking. Will the formation collapse before it deals with the last wave? I'm curious."

The last wave, 32 Heavenly Lightning Soldiers, moved toward her in several arcs that arched across several directions. Angel's formation activated as she controlled everything with her intents and skills. The towers were filled with energy, and the spheres of red crystal at the top transformed their internal structure to aim at her enemies.

After a moment of preparation, the formation released the biggest attack yet.

The sky was pierced by several light beams that looked like godly attacks that were about to rip the firmament apart.

After they had accustomed themselves to their brightness, the power behind each of these pillars could be seen at a glance. For the first time during all the attacks, they could see them much more closely and were stunned to see black cracks surrounding the white light pillars.

They saw an effect like this one deep in the ocean during the battle between those two gargantuan sea creatures.

This meant that during the tribulation, Angel's strength was at the limits of the fifth realm, strong enough for Heaven to not be able to keep the integrity of the space and create rifts.

Those lights traveled at nonsensical speeds and hit true on the 36 targets.

In the middle of the formation, the ball of light quickly shrunk as the creatures in the sky blocked the attack and were pushed backward together with the beams.